Welsh late hit | Syracusefan.com

Welsh late hit

RICuse44

Starter
I have to say, I love the kids motor. When I saw the flag I thought they were calling it on Sharpe. Then I saw the replay. Then I saw Doug ream him out on the sideline even grabbing his jersey. Then I saw Sharpe come over, pull Welsh away, and protect him from Doug like a mother hen. Good to see these guys actually like each other. I thought it showed some real leadership from Brandon, who himself has been down that road.

Is there video of the late hit? Thou ill prob wath th replay tomorrow

They showed it on the replay. Clear late hit. Dumb play. Doug was not happy. I would be surprised if he does it again. Which is the way it should be. Welsh has played himself into some decent minutes in the rotation.

It was a really late hit. Definitely warranted the flag...and was on 3rd down and long, right?

Stupid penalty and he should have had his a$$ reamed out.

It was a really late hit. Definitely warranted the flag...and was on 3rd down and long, right?

I think if not for the penalty it would have been 3rd and 8. Kanell had said these are the type of mistakes which let teams back into games which is spot on.

Marrone didn't just chew him out, he benched him. Took his helmet off, took a seat, and never came back. Almost every penalty today Marrone pulled the offender for at least the next play. Welsh's was permanent.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Marrone didn't just chew him out, he benched him. Took his helmet off, took a seat, and never came back. Almost every penalty today Marrone pulled the offender for at least the next play. Welsh's was permanent.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Punishment fit the crime and glad it was issued. That was a cheap shot which easily could have changed the momentum and course of the game. Like the kid's fight and energy but he needs to mature.

IMO it was blatantly late and blatantly stupid on 3rd and long. The pass was incomplete and it gave the Cards new life to keep their drive alive. I can understand Welsh being excited to finally get in a game, and then to have a shot at the opposing QB.

It was the exact sort of bone-headed play that has plagued this team and a drive-sustaining dumb penalty is not the way to earn playing time. I think he deserved the earful and place on the bench he received. But I don't think Marrone is the sort of coach who will hold a grudge.

A bad mistake but another overlooked NY recruit who's given some valuable minutes.

A bad mistake but another overlooked NY recruit who's given some valuable minutes.
In a game where the DL spent a lot of time chasing Bridgewater around the backfield, it was good we had players to rotate in.

I was surprised none of the OL players for Louisville didn't take exception to the hit. Thought at least one of them would get up in his face after the hit.

Yes it was stupid, but at the same time, Welsh was able to lay a stick on Bridgewater. Certain penalties have value.
you're kidding right???if not,then you are d...thats exactly why our record is what it is. holy crap einstein,please review our losses, and tell me again the value of the penalty

All the reason more not to do it, there's nothing to gain from that borderline flagrant type foul/hit at that late stage in an already decided affair. Other than to be deemed a flat out dirty player...not one of your better posts...

4th qtr, were up 4 scores. Yep, pretty sure I meant what I said. You clearly don't get it.
oh i get alright d... is not a strong enough.evidently you don't get it,its all about teaching discipline.why the hell do you think he was benched????oh i get it now,marrone benched him because he didn't hit bridgewater hard enough---sorry my mistake

Accountability.

Marrone has put the word into practice during games.

And that's the way it should be.

I can understand Welsh being excited to finally get in a game, and then to have a shot at the opposing QB.

Welsh has been playing a lot lately. He rotates in frequently, especially on running downs.

Welsh has been playing a lot lately. He rotates in frequently, especially on running downs.
I hadn't noticed. Glad we still have him another year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom