Went out to Downtown Disney last night | Syracusefan.com

Went out to Downtown Disney last night

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
Family fully decked out in Orange. Except for my mother in law, an MSU grad who doesn't own any.

In about 2.5 hours, we had no less than a dozen conversations with folks offering congratulations and other interesting stories. My MIL was amazed that people would actually turn back and initiate discussions.

Four memorable notes:

1. Young Marquette grad begrudgingly wished us well. Said he was at MSG for the Louisville game and said "it will never be the same without Syracuse. You guys fill up that place."

2. Random LSU fan turned back to engage Mrs. CC about his long term job that had him in Syracuse "every week for years," and he couldn't say enough kind things about Floyd Little.

3. The only people/fans who didn't acknowledge us was a random family decked out in Louisville gear. The wife leaned over to her husband and whispered, "They're Syracuse fans," as is she didn't want anyone to hear. I think they want no part of us a fourth time.

4. Didn't watch the OSU-Wichita game, but my Buckeye friends back home referred to it as the "worst officiated" game they had ever seen. I wanted to fire back on Facebook to "get back to me after you've been whistled for your 28th foul in regulation." But I decided against it. Why be bitter on such a joyful day? For those who did watch, was it really that bad?

Special shout out to RF2044. Pretty good day for you. ;)

Hey I'll be at downtown Disney tonight! Ghirardelli sundae for the win!!