We're #1 and #2 in the ACC | Syracusefan.com

We're #1 and #2 in the ACC

Briancuse said:

I never thought I would see the day, then again I never thought I would see a 12-9 Su team, what a strange year.

That has 3 guys Around 40% from 3

If we only had a legit point guard how things really would be so much different this year.

That's awesome, I never thought that I would see the day either. However, I would take Rick Jackson and Arinze bricking freethrows all day over leading the league in percentage.

Briancuse said:

I never thought I would see the day, then again I never thought I would see a 12-9 Su team, what a strange year.

If we only had a legit point guard how things really would be so much different this year.

The defense is way more of a big deal IMO

Like I said: replace Gillon with MCW and this team would be almost unstoppable.

Still has a swiss cheese interior defense. And giving up like 40% of the 3's (I have no idea the actual number but it HAS to be highest in years)

Still has a swiss cheese interior defense. And giving up like 40% of the 3's (I have no idea the actual number but it HAS to be highest in years)

Just looked it up... 39.6% to conference oppononts yeeeehaw!!!

Im sure if we added in the big non conf games (I'll throw in monmouth, South carolina, wisconsin, uconn, gtown, st johns) it will stay right around that 40% mark.

Just looked it up... 39.6% to conference oppononts yeeeehaw!!!

Im sure if we added in the big non conf games (I'll throw in monmouth, South carolina, wisconsin, uconn, gtown, st johns) it will stay right around that 40% mark.

ehh monmouth shot like 15%, SC about 35% and uconn 28%. So my theory was prob wrong. But wiscy was 48% and nigel killed us with an assist for a layup after dunk after layup too. Gtown 43% and St johns 42%,

Interior, you are right, but MCW was excellent in the zone and would contest those 3's way better than Gillon can.

I think they are tied together. The PG spot is the weakest on the floor at both ends.

I would say Center, and the 2 forward sports are just as weak on the defensive end, if not weaker. but thats probably 6 of 1, half dozen of the other

I think the issue really is that the guards don't deny the high post pass like Cooney and Gbinije used to. That pass is getting in there to easily and once that happens we get carved up. It's the biggest difference I notice.

I think they are tied together. The PG spot is the weakest on the floor at both ends.

It really is and I went into the season just thrilled we were 2 deep at that position - actually, pretty much all five positions. Gillon has had some good games but I underestimated big time how difficult his transition to this level and this system would be

I think the issue really is that the guards don't deny the high post pass like Cooney and Gbinije used to. That pass is getting in there to easily and once that happens we get carved up. It's the biggest difference I notice.

good point

That's true for sure. But, the interior players don't offer any resistance against anyone good in the post. Occasionally Coleman can be some kind of minimal deterrent. I agree that MCW, hell even Gbinijie at the PG would make the team MUCH better but a team like Carolina, Purdue, Wisconsin, would still roll us, IMO.

That's true for sure. But, the interior players don't offer any resistance against anyone good in the post. Occasionally Coleman can be some kind of minimal deterrent. I agree that MCW, hell even Gbinijie at the PG would make the team MUCH better but a team like Carolina, Purdue, Wisconsin, would still roll us, IMO.

UNC yes. Wisconsin maybe. I'll tell you this. If Tyler Lydon played as well at the start of the season as he has the last 13 or so games we beat UConn and the Wisconsins game is a lot closer.

"#1 free throw shooting team in the ACC courtesy of Tyler Lydon #1 and Andrew White #2"

and we're 1st , 2nd, and 4th in minutes played ! (courtesy of JB's rotation)

MINUTES PLAYED Cl GP Minutes Avg/G
1. Andrew White III-SU SR 8 309 38.6
2. Tyus Battle-SU FR 8 298 37.2
3. Davon Reed-UM SR 7 260 37.1
4. Matt Farrell-ND JR 8 293 36.6
Tyler Lydon-SU

and speaking of minutes played tyler roberson is 4th in offensive boards, 13th overall rebounds and 4th in blocked shots. all this from a dude coming off the bench in limited minutes (like say 10-11) . pretty impressive imo. go robey !

UNC yes. Wisconsin maybe. I'll tell you this. If Tyler Lydon played as well at the start of the season as he has the last 13 or so games we beat UConn and the Wisconsins game is a lot closer.

I would sure hope UConn, lol.

I would sure hope UConn, lol.

I think the way we are playing now even without adding a good PG we would beat Uconn, Gtown, St Johns and possibly even BC on the road. We just have no potential to be a good/great team with the PG play we have gotten. We are starting to round into a decent/competitive squad it just took too long to happen and the damage to the resume has already been done.