We're #1 | Syracusefan.com

We're #1

Not anything I'd be particularly proud of. Our new Chancellor has his work cut out for him.

These are so stupid. Any school in Arizona would win this category. They didn't even make top 5?

I'm OK with it. Lehigh, Penn State, Bucknell, Wisconsin, Florida, Illinois and Santa Barbara (7 of the other top 9) are ranked better than Syracuse academically so we're not in bad company.

I'm OK with it. Lehigh, Penn State, Bucknell, Wisconsin, Florida, Illinois and Santa Barbara (7 of the other top 9) are ranked better than Syracuse academically so we're not in bad company.

Visited UCSB a couple of weeks ago. There's nothing else to do there but go to the beach (it's right on the ocean) and party because it's like 10 miles outside of town further up the coast and not very many have cars. They kept saying during the tours, "Once you're on campus, you're here 24/7."

Not a shot we're even close to asu, u of a, wvu and ohio u. Nope i dont see it

I feel like banjo music automatically drop them out of the running.
Hahaha understandable. Even at that idk if syracuse makes a top 10 ranking unless its private only.

I agree it helps with recruiting, but I have serious questions of whether SU is in the top half for best party school nationwide. I don't agree or even really understand #3 for sports, either.

Visited UCSB a couple of weeks ago. There's nothing else to do there but go to the beach (it's right on the ocean) and party because it's like 10 miles outside of town further up the coast and not very many have cars. They kept saying during the tours, "Once you're on campus, you're here 24/7."

Been to many a basketball game at the ThunderDome. I've got famy who are grads. There are worse places to spend 4 years. Go Gauchos!

Not anything I'd be particularly proud of. Our new Chancellor has his work cut out for him.
image.jpg

And #3 for best sports scene out of hundreds of colleges. Clearly that tailgate guide listing us in the upper echelon had it right...

If the students start embracing and taking pride in this ranking, this upswing could be accelerated.

Not a shot we're even close to asu, u of a, wvu and ohio u. Nope i dont see it
I'm sorry, did you say "we"? Those of us that attended Syracuse can attest that we're definitely up there with the schools you named. Just because the girls aren't as good looking as ASU and U of A doesn't mean we can't throw down with those schools.

I would absolutely put Syracuse in the top 5 at least, we pregame harder than most party.

I'm sorry, did you say "we"? Those of us that attended Syracuse can attest that we're definitely up there with the schools you named. Just because the girls aren't as good looking as ASU and U of A doesn't mean we can't throw down with those schools.

I would absolutely put Syracuse in the top 5 at least, we pregame harder than most party.
Pregaming isnt pregaming if you dont make it to the game or out afterwards :rolleyes:

Syracuse is a really fun school i enjoy visiting. But it isnt wvu or as crazy as some schools out west, which is probably a good thing. Its not a coincidense that wvu isnt as academically strong as syracuse.

Last edited:
When you're 40 like me you realize that there are no "winners" when you're arguing over who can binge drink more.

:)
In all fairness all the western students ive met have all been soft when it comes to volume. Id be willing to bet syracuse guys could atleast outdrink them. Once you drink genny and the beast on a weekly basis you become fearless.