Were #15 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Were #15

Bnoro, you rui….

Never mind.

I’d beg to differ tho.
It does mean something.

We’ve gotten a BIGLY number of early commits that is unprecedented for our programs history.

AND - it’s not a bunch of low-80’s (or worse) flyers that we hope are hardnosed or under the radar or hidden gems or whatever.

Lotta these dudes have some elite measurables -
Typically speed.

Even though our class ranking will surely fall as all the traditional powers fill out their classes, the fact that we are ranked here, now, is still hella impressive.
And to be celebrated.
I'm very excited about this class. I think the measurables are great. I think the peer offers are great. We're in with a lot of kids we would've had NO CHANCE of landing previously.

That being said, I will NEVER give credence to recruiting rankings on a pay site. I'd be a hypocrite if I changed my tune now.

It's purely based on the number of kids we have committed right now.

It still means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.
It means a lot in terms of creating a buzz for the program. Try telling the coaches it means nothing. Tell me any SU coach in the last 25 years would not want a class ranked top 10 - even if early on, and only based on numbers - to use to help when on the recruiting trail. Especially for a new coach, buzz is critical. No it doesn’t win games, but it makes recruiting a little easier.
3074D040-63FA-479F-BA4E-8846EB84AC2B.gif

Last edited:
Also... the original title of my post was "Class of 2025 trending in the right direction" and would more accurately represent the direction of the discussion I wanted the thread to go in... alas a moderator/admin of the group changed it and made it look like I'm cheering the ranking and lack grammar... which was not my intention.

Another thing for consideration... all our recruits are being graded based on their junior year... big senior years often trend their evaluations upward... I'm expecting us to eventually drop to around a 30ish rank... but big senior years with some upgrades to 4 stars could very well happen.

I know it’s early like very early. But we are up to the #10 class on the all day site for 2025 and are at the #10 class in 2016. Obviously extremely early and I’m sure we’ll fall but it’s still just crazy to me how much difference a year has made lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom