we're getting tired | Syracusefan.com

we're getting tired

The bench did okay in the first half. No reason to not give them some run in the second.

cooney looked like a deer in headlights when he touched the ball in the second half.

They weren't the only ones getting tired. By the end of the game I was exhausted. I don't think I sat down the entire second half.

no subs. keeping fingers crossed.

Getting "tired" is a non issue, IMO. These guys are 19-22 years old, highly conditioned, and used to playing hard 6 days a week. Granted game conditions are much more demanding, but they have more than 24 hours to recover. They might be getting beat up/bruised from playing, but I don't think being "tired" will be an issue.

cooney looked like a deer in headlights when he touched the ball in the second half.
Because I'm pretty sure he hasn't played in the 2nd half of a close game all year.

Getting "tired" is a non issue, IMO. These guys are 19-22 years old, highly conditioned, and used to playing hard 6 days a week. Granted game conditions are much more demanding, but they have more than 24 hours to recover. They might be getting beat up/bruised from playing, but I don't think being "tired" will be an issue.

My concern is that any pre-existing lingering injuries like the back one that Brandon is reportedly suffering through will get exascerbated by the excessive minutes. I thought they looked better in the first half with Cooney getting some run.

I'm not tired. Wide awake, Fired up, Get me to MSG, I WANNA PLAY SOME BALL!

WAY OVERRATED IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

a 6OT game - kids get tired by the end of the game. but can play 18 hours later.

back to back to back to back to back to back to back nights..... (40 min games) in the same arena? Not an issue. It just isn't.

I played 10 AAU games in 3 or 4 days.

Now, a back to back in the NBA with 3.5 hours of mid-night travel is a different story.

When I was that age, I could run 4 hours straight on a court & bounce back after a good night's sleep, & I was not even conditioned as well as those kids.

WAY OVERRATED IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

a 6OT game - kids get tired by the end of the game. but can play 18 hours later.

back to back to back to back to back to back to back nights..... (40 min games) in the same arena? Not an issue.
I played 10 AAU games in 3 or 4 days.

Now, a back to back in the NBA with 3.5 hours of mid-night travel is a different story.
I wasn't talking about tomorrow. We went a long stretch about 8 minutes into the half without scoring and then TOs on consecutive possetions...and then were late getting out on a made 3. From that point we were hanging on. Happy it worked.

Honestly, if it didn't matter at all, coaches would only play 6.

triche was pretty quiet the last ten minutes. don't know if that's fatigue or just brandon being brandon.

I wasn't talking about tomorrow. We went a long stretch about 8 minutes into the half without scoring and then TOs on consecutive possetions...and then were late getting out on a made 3. From that point we were hanging on. Happy it worked.

Honestly, if it didn't matter at all, coaches would only play 6.

I hear ya...

regarding the 8 minute stretch - that's because our 1/2 court offense sucks unless 3's are raining down.

Last year at Pitt Jam Fest I saw a kid play 10 games in one day. Played 15u, 16u, 17u. In his 10th game he scored 24 points in efficient fashion against a top 25 senior. Kids play 3-6 games, 3 straight days all summer while sleeping 8 to a room and 4 to a bed. If there isn't an airplane in the mix, fatigue is a non issue.

I'm still waiting for Kemba Walker to get tired.
Or this guy...
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom