we're lucky... | Syracusefan.com

we're lucky...

BillSU

All American
we have in Syracuse one of the best basketball writers in the country and after looking at his work today about SU in the Garden over many years wanted to compliment him on his dedication and fine writing covering JB and the team each season. Congratulations to Mr. Waters and thank you for the article posted this morning - it was one like the many others, very comprehensive and full of memories like the six overtime game we won. You must have been at your desk developing that story for awhile just in time for the game at the Garden on Thursday. Some info about Mike:

orig

Mike Waters | mwaters@syracuse.com

Mike Waters has covered Syracuse University's basketball program for the Post-Standard for over 20 years. His work has earned awards from the Associated Press Sports Editors and the U.S. Basketball Writers Association. He's written three books, including "Syracuse University Basketball Vault.'' A University of North Carolina graduate, Waters lives in Camillus, N.Y., with his wife and two children.
GOSU :)

No homerism here and this is something I have meant to say for some time now:

As keeper of the Daily Articles, I google ACC sports like a madman, and regularly review many stories from a lot of newspapers/web sites from a lot of writers.

Mike is the best hoops beat writer of the bunch. And Donna does a terrific job covering things from a human interest perspective. They make a great team.

Stephen Bailey does a wonderful job covering SU football as the beat writer for the PS. Nate and Chris do a fine job filling in with their contributions as well. Their jobs are harder than most given how much Coach Babers limits opportunities for the writers to talk to the coach staff and players.

The writers that cover the other ACC schools are good and produce a lot of interesting stuff. But we have the cream of the crop in Syracuse. I think PS does the best job of covering SU sports of any local paper covering any ACC school, and it is not even close.

I hope some day they all appear regularly on a weekly ACC Sports Reporters show on the ACC Network (Scott Hecht, I am talking to you) so everyone can see this for themselves.

No homerism here and this is something I have meant to say for some time now:

As keeper of the Daily Articles, I google ACC sports like a madman, and regularly review many stories from a lot of newspapers/web sites from a lot of writers.

Mike is the best hoops beat writer of the bunch. And Donna does a terrific job covering things from a human interest perspective. They make a great team.

Stephen Bailey does a wonderful job covering SU football as the beat writer for the PS. Nate and Chris do a fine job filling in with their contributions as well. Their jobs are harder than most given how much Coach Babers limits opportunities for the writers to talk to the coach staff and players.

The writers that cover the other ACC schools are good and produce a lot of interesting stuff. But we have the cream of the crop in Syracuse. I think PS does the best job of covering SU sports of any local paper covering any ACC school, and it is not even close.

I hope some day they all appear regularly on a weekly ACC Sports Reporters show on the ACC Network (Scott Hecht, I am talking to you) so everyone can see this for themselves.

Nice post. If anybody's in a position to know, you are.