We're so good every year, you expect it to always be that way | Syracusefan.com

We're so good every year, you expect it to always be that way

raf4488

Starter
High roster turnover really hurts elite programs in modern college basketball; UK and UNC have had NIT seasons recently, and so might we this season. We'll have a top 5 class coming in next year, and soon we'll be back at the level we expect.

For now, let's just hope this team is playing better in February and March. Even if this year sucks by SU standards, the program is still in great shape. It's really not time to panic

I keep saying this is the year for the guys to develop and hopefully make a push in March. Next year is going to be huge

High roster turnover really hurts elite programs in modern college basketball; UK and UNC have had NIT seasons recently, and so might we this season. We'll have a top 5 class coming in next year, and soon we'll be back at the level we expect.

For now, let's just hope this team is playing better in February and March. Even if this year sucks by SU standards, the program is still in great shape. It's really not time to panic
There are plenty of elite programs who haven't missed the NCAA in years; but your point is taken, every year can't be 20-0...but we just don't even seem close right now. Losing 75-73 is different.

Our offense has been trending this way for a few years now. I actually think there is more potential for this years O than last but we are dependent on kids who have never had to carry the load.

The D has been elite the last few years... This year is a huge drop off.

We lost our best player and two nba draft picks, I agree the erosion is starting to show. I can only imagine this team with Grant on it.

Our offense has been trending this way for a few years now. I actually think there is more potential for this years O than last but we are dependent on kids who have never had to carry the load.

The D has been elite the last few years... This year is a huge drop off.

We lost our best player and two nba draft picks, I agree the erosion is starting to show. I can only imagine this team with Grant on it.
666 messages. #IlluminatiConfirmed.

the problem is that we haven't really had anything to show for it, except 1 final four and a bunch of OK teams. if you ask SWC I guess the 25-0 last season was some sort of achievement despite the 3-6 finish and then watching guys flee the program to the d-league. now it is a rebuilding year. rebuilding from what? the team that lost to Dayton after one NCAA win?

the problem is that we haven't really had anything to show for it, except 1 final four and a bunch of OK teams. if you ask SWC I guess the 25-0 last season was some sort of achievement despite the 3-6 finish and then watching guys flee the program to the d-league. now it is a rebuilding year. rebuilding from what? the team that lost to Dayton after one NCAA win?

Yes, we haven't had anything to show for it except for that really great thing. A bunch of OK teams? If you're unable to enjoy the last 6 years of SU basketball, why even follow the team?