Were the Refs getting paid by the foul call? | Syracusefan.com

Were the Refs getting paid by the foul call?

It seemed like they did it out of spite. Once that fan was ejected they started calling everything.

The worst thing about it is they called about 8 fouls in the first half and close to 30 in the second half. Consistency??

They called 58 fouls which is extremely high. Average in the BE last year was 36.3 FPG. Might be tops for the year.

They called 58 fouls which is extremely high. Average in the BE last year was 36.3 FPG. Might be tops for the year.

According to the box score, they called 42 fouls. On those 42 fouls, there were 58 free throws taken. My issue with the zebras was not the number of fouls but what was and was not called. In typical BE fashion, there was brutal contact near the rim that resulted in no calls. On the rest of the court, the slightest bit of incidental contact seemed to be whistled. This type of inconsistency regarding fouls makes games very difficult to watch.

It was bad both ways I thought. Just not a good night for the guys in stripes.

It was bad both ways I thought. Just not a good night for the guys in stripes.
I find myself saying "how is that not a foul" quite a bit during games lately. One play near the end a player went up for a shot under the basket and got hammered (blocked) and I said it and realized it was the Seton Hall player taking the shot and the SU player (Fair) blocking the shot.

It seemed like they did it out of spite. Once that fan was ejected they started calling everything.

did i hear spanarkel say something to the effect of "boy i sure that guy goes quietly?" seemed a bit panicked by the mayhem

did i hear spanarkel say something to the effect of "boy i sure that guy goes quietly?" seemed a bit panicked by the mayhem
Well, the game was being played in Newark after all. Just saying.

He did. Will be interesting to get reports from those who were in the building. Perhaps there are already reports. Haven't read the whole board yet.

I thought it was pretty bizarre that the incident was occurring while MCW was at the line and the security guard walked across the court just as he was about to shoot his second foul shot.

Maryland shot 34 FTs yesterday. NC state shot 43 to VT's 7, too.

Brutal.

No doubt thee most unwatchable half(2nd) of hoops this year. I wanted to rip the whistles off their necks in the second half. I felt like it was 1 AM when the game mercifully ended-which ended on a foul on Southerland with 2 seconds left.I had to laugh.

ended on a foul on Southerland with 2 seconds left.I had to laugh.
A fitting end to the game-it was the like the refs got new toy whistles and had to keep playing with them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom