were there any d1 kids playing in Glens Falls over the weekend? | Syracusefan.com

were there any d1 kids playing in Glens Falls over the weekend?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Seems like there were no legit d1 kids there? Maybe Federation weekend?

I saw the AA doubleheader. IMO, no D1 kids except for maybe the kid from Liverpool. Very impressed with the winner Victor. An excellent team that blew out its two opponents. But no D1 kids.

Verbal Commits had Catholic Central's Darien "Pay Day" Moore picking up an offer from UMass back in January. I think that's sort of a D-1 offer, right?

I was surprised that the Philpkoski kid from New Hartford is going D2 instead of trying prep for a year. I was really impressed by him at OCC.

Haven’t watched much high school ball since I stopped playing in college but he absolutely dominated.

I was surprised that the Philpkoski kid from New Hartford is going D2 instead of trying prep for a year. I was really impressed by him at OCC.

Haven’t watched much high school ball since I stopped playing in college but he absolutely dominated.
as FDU proved - D2 kids can be D1 before you know it.

I saw the AA doubleheader. IMO, no D1 kids except for maybe the kid from Liverpool. Very impressed with the winner Victor. An excellent team that blew out its two opponents. But no D1 kids.
Saw Victor play a few times this season. In my opinion the best passing high school team I have ever seen. No Division 1 basketball kids in my opinion. Their big guy is a pretty good football player from conversations I have had with coaches that played against him last year. Haven't seen him yet to have an opinion but I am quite certain he has FCS interest.

If you go to the Girls side my alma mater Webster Schroeder has three sisters the Watkins sister who are all going to play division one ball. Jr Mariah Watkins is all ready the schools all time scorer and averaged 24 pts a game this season. Her younger sister Bria is a soph and already has three Div. one offers. The 3rd sister (I can't remember her name) is in the 8th grade and played on varsity team this season.

The Watkins sister were also the first female NYS female athletes to get NIL deals.

Webster finished the season 25-1 winning the State Championship. They return their entire starting five next season and top two players off the bench.

I'm bummed for some reason Webster turned down the federation tournament invitation.

Last edited:
Saw Victor play a few times this season. In my opinion the best passing high school team I have ever seen. No Division 1 basketball kids in my opinion. Their big guy is a pretty good football player from conversations I have had with coaches that played against him last year. Haven't seen him yet to have an opinion but I am quite certain he has FCS interest.
Im a proud VCS grad (Class of 86). It is truly amazing what the staff has done with this group. The sports program there has gone through the roof over the last 25 years but boys basketball is the one that they could never get over the hump.

They haven't won a sectional title since 1978 up until this season.

If you go to the Girls side my alma mater Webster Schroeder has three sisters the Watkins sister who are all going to play division one ball. Jr Mariah Watkins is all ready the schools all time scorer and averaged 24 pts a game this season. Her younger sister Bria is a soph and already has three Div. one offers. The 3rd sister (I can't remember her name) is in the 8th grade and played on varsity team this season.

The Watkins sister were also the first female NYS female athletes to get NIL deals.

Webster finished the season 25-1 winning the State Championship. They return their entire starting five next season and top two players off the bench.

I'm bummed for some reason Webster turned down the federation tournament invitation.

Mariah and Bria are both 99 average students and are amazing kids in the school. You are a little incorrect their older sister Anya plays hoops at Ithaca. Younger brother Kalin is the 8th grader. Be on the lookout for him going to be a tremendous football player at Schroeder.

The girls lost in the Class A Sectional Final last year and moved up to AA this season. Their only loss this year was at St. Mary's (Buffalo) and Bria was really sick for that game. Both girls picked up a slew of offers after this weekend (Bonnies, Monmouth, GW). I believe Mariah is up to 12+ offers and Bria is 8-9 range. They go 6 deep and the team is mentally and physically spent. A few of the girls are ready to start softball and defend their state championship from last season. There are also a couple of lax players on the roster. Both lax and softball have games at the end of next week. Those factors added up to the decision to decline the invitation.

Mariah and Bria are both 99 average students and are amazing kids in the school. You are a little incorrect their older sister Anya plays hoops at Ithaca. Younger brother Kalin is the 8th grader. Be on the lookout for him going to be a tremendous football player at Schroeder.

The girls lost in the Class A Sectional Final last year and moved up to AA this season. Their only loss this year was at St. Mary's (Buffalo) and Bria was really sick for that game. Both girls picked up a slew of offers after this weekend (Bonnies, Monmouth, GW). I believe Mariah is up to 12+ offers and Bria is 8-9 range. They go 6 deep and the team is mentally and physically spent. A few of the girls are ready to start softball and defend their state championship from last season. There are also a couple of lax players on the roster. Both lax and softball have games at the end of next week. Those factors added up to the decision to decline the invitation.
Thanks for the clarification. I live in Georgia now so I guess my info was bad. I graduated with their Mom Liz in 1988.

remember that you have to get practices in to play in games. When teams go this deep in bball and those kids play another sport its often hard to get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom