Were we really in? | Syracusefan.com

Were we really in?

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
So I was in the heart of enemy territory...Tempe, AZ, USA. As I walked down the streets, I watched out for straight G's as usual, but also was looking for Charlie in the palm trees that were really disguised cell phone towers. I wanted to avoid any flashbacks or anything that would set off the PTSD in any way, while in unfamilair climes. I was later riding with a friend who lives nearby, and on the radio I heard a local sports station asking if the First Four(tm) teams were actually in.

I mean, these were 2 fellows who were not pandering to the local fans, and I really appreciated it. While I was trying to pay some attention to my friend, the discussion really caught my interest. I hadnt seen him in a long time though, and there were 2 different(not so bad looking) chicks who caught our eye from doing out of the ordinary things, so I didnt totally hear the discussion. From what I did hear, the answer seemed to be "NO". They said that's why it's called a "play-IN", and that made very logical sense.

I wanted to ask this before the game, but feel it's safer asking now, being some folks on here already give me more scrutiny than...well, whatever you want to call anyone else. Being in AZ, they also mentioned the MLB play in game, not that I am that familiar with the most recent one. I'm curious what you all think of these things. I wont give my thoughts now, because I would like to avoid any potential undue influence.

Also, this first round is back to the first round(as of last year?), right? I really disliked when they called it the 2nd round due to these games.

So I was in the heart of enemy territory...Tempe, AZ, USA. As I walked down the streets, I watched out for straight G's as usual, but also was looking for Charlie in the palm trees that were really disguised cell phone towers. I wanted to avoid any flashbacks or anything that would set off the PTSD in any way, while in unfamilair climes. I was later riding with a friend who lives nearby, and on the radio I heard a local sports station asking if the First Four(tm) teams were actually in.

I mean, these were 2 fellows who were not pandering to the local fans, and I really appreciated it. While I was trying to pay some attention to my friend, the discussion really caught my interest. I hadnt seen him in a long time though, and there were 2 different(not so bad looking) chicks who caught our eye from doing out of the ordinary things, so I didnt totally hear the discussion. From what I did hear, the answer seemed to be "NO". They said that's why it's called a "play-IN", and that made very logical sense.

I wanted to ask this before the game, but feel it's safer asking now, being some folks on here already give me more scrutiny than...well, whatever you want to call anyone else. Being in AZ, they also mentioned the MLB play in game, not that I am that familiar with the most recent one. I'm curious what you all think of these things. I wont give my thoughts now, because I would like to avoid any potential undue influence.

Also, this first round is back to the first round(as of last year?), right? I really disliked when they called it the 2nd round due to these games.
We were one of sixty-eight. I know because I watched it.

We were one of sixty-eight. I know because I watched it.

To quote the reply in Slingblade after Karl replies to his new boss that he likes "the french friend potaters".... "Yeah...me too".

But that wasnt the question. I mean, it's even called a "play-in", and is before the first round. If you think of the concept of it, I think it makes those announcers' question quite valid.

Im trying to ask it from an unbiased point like they did, which made me respect them. Heck, Im even asking after we're certainly in, to minimize(although obviously not avoid completely lol) any potential ridicule. Picture Kentucky or Indiana or whomever else in the same situation and ask it of them.

Sweet goodness, what are you on bro? Are you sharing? :)
I expect this from the rest Cap:mad:... But there were a couple shots of a good agave at the end.:)
I thought you liked Waltonisms!

dammit cusesettle, you gave me a like before I finished my edit, you SOB!!! about to take my late night jog. I dont know if ive jogged this far in 20 years...pray for me?

PS I think there is a Bible verse about that that pi$$eth against the wall, but that should be me half way along my route. root for me, you ingrate SOBs!! I will be back with more fuel for some epic posts!

Major props to the owner of the Boneyard, the coolest guy on here, for taking all the hamstrings off me and letting me be kinda me again(cant comment on how im not, but about as good as I could hope for, for kudos to temery for his great example! I hope the rest will take note!)

To quote the reply in Slingblade after Karl replies to his new boss that he likes "the french friend potaters"... "Yeah...me too".

But that wasnt the question. I mean, it's even called a "play-in", and is before the first round. If you think of the concept of it, I think it makes those announcers' question quite valid.

Im trying to ask it from an unbiased point like they did, which made me respect them. Heck, Im even asking after we're certainly in, to minimize(although obviously not avoid completely lol) any potential ridicule. Picture Kentucky or Indiana or whomever else in the same situation and ask it of them.
SU and ASU both earned a NCAA tourney credit for the game, and both had a chance to survive and move a step closer to winning a national title.

That's "in" to me, but I agree that calling it the first round (vs the round of 64) is a little much. This I round 1, part I.

Come on people, I thought their bit presented a legit question for the sports fans' level. This board likes to disect molecules of minutia, so I thought their question to the masses of normal people would be amplified here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom