Wes has been killing it in pre-season | Syracusefan.com

Wes has been killing it in pre-season

Gabjon

All American
18pts in the first game 12pts in last nights much more aggressive! 11-22 through 2 games 5-13 from 3. 30pts in 44 mins.

Best move for Wes was getting out of Minnesota, just a horrible organization.

Looked pretty good in preseason last year too *throws bucket of freezing water on thread*

The lock-out year? there barely was a preseason

The lock-out year? there barely was a preseason

That is why he looked so good :)

My concern with Wes is, once the big boys are all on the floor, he becomes so timid and sits in the corner. Like he doesn't want to get in anyone's way. Hopefully that is not the case in Phoenix.

My concern with Wes is, once the big boys are all on the floor, he becomes so timid and sits in the corner. Like he doesn't want to get in anyone's way. Hopefully that is not the case in Phoenix.
I agree, I hope he learns to be aggressive, because that young man has so much talent is sick.

I agree, I hope he learns to be aggressive, because that young man has so much talent is sick.

Your NBA success is limited without that alpha gene. You have to think you belong on the court.

Your NBA success is limited without that alpha gene. You have to think you belong on the court.
Totally agree, and unfortunately Wes is a nice guy that may never be able to turn it on in the NBA. I hope some coach can teach him what he needs in order to take advantage of his talents.

I agree! and I'm telling you he showed swag! on the court in both games. He became a father not too long ago hopefully fatherhood has changed him.

Wes 28mins 6-13 fg%; 3-5 3ptfg%; 0-1ft%; 1reb; 1ast; 2stl; 15pts...lead the team in scoring!

I really don't see Wes as a guy that has ridiculous NBA talent that is waiting to be unleashed. He's a wing who has doesn't have a great handle. How many stars are there in the NBA like that?

He's definitely not been as good in the NBA as I thought though. His shooting has been really bad. He hit 36% of his 3's his first year, which you can work with, but was down to 31% last year. I thought he';d have a chance for a solid career if he could knock down some 3's but he really hasn't been able to do that, and he's not contributing in other areas either.

I really don't see Wes as a guy that has ridiculous NBA talent that is waiting to be unleashed. He's a wing who has doesn't have a great handle. How many stars are there in the NBA like that?

He's definitely not been as good in the NBA as I thought though. His shooting has been really bad. He hit 36% of his 3's his first year, which you can work with, but was down to 31% last year. I thought he';d have a chance for a solid career if he could knock down some 3's but he really hasn't been able to do that, and he's not contributing in other areas either.

The lock-out killed everybody's number last year. I agree he won't be an all-star but I think he will get a second contract. I'm predicting a good year for him.

Even though Wes has so much athleticism, I would have to agree that he has never struck me as someone that has that "alpha gene" as it was put above. He never seemed to show any fluctuation in his demeanor when he played his one year here. He would even defer to Kris Joseph during interviews with Donna Ditota. Just a really nice guy. Andy would show emotion as if here were possessed and if he can stick around in the league long enough to carve out a niche for himself with the 3ball, he might have a nice career in a limited capacity.

It would just be nice to see a Cuse guy exceed or even live up to expectations in the NBA. We've struggled overall in that area. It seems like Orangemen dissapoint at the next level, relative to expectations/draft spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom