Wes with 15pts and counting | Syracusefan.com

Wes with 15pts and counting

Gabjon

All American
on 6-8fg 3-4 3fg 4reb 1stl 7mins left to play

on 6-8fg 3-4 3fg 4reb 1stl 7mins left to play

I really don't see why Wes couldn't approach those numbers every game, with 30 minutes of PT. He has his weaknesses, but I don't think he should be a scrub who never plays. He can contribute, there's no reason why he can't give you around 12 and 6 and a 3 point threat, and there's no reason why he can't be a solid defender. Him and Flynn both went to an awful situation in Minnesota and looked worse than they were, and then couldn't get a chance anywhere else...hopefully these last few games means Phoenix is going to give Wes a real chance.

I also have to point out that Tobias Harris is playing great. The Bucks wouldn't play him, Orlando is and he's producing. 27 and 10 last night. 23 and 6 the game before. He would've been so good at Cuse, so dumb to go to Tenn.

I really don't see why Wes couldn't approach those numbers every game, with 30 minutes of PT. He has his weaknesses, but I don't think he should be a scrub who never plays. He can contribute, there's no reason why he can't give you around 12 and 6 and a 3 point threat, and there's no reason why he can't be a solid defender. Him and Flynn both went to an awful situation in Minnesota and looked worse than they were, and then couldn't get a chance anywhere else...hopefully these last few games means Phoenix is going to give Wes a real chance.

I also have to point out that Tobias Harris is playing great. The Bucks wouldn't play him, Orlando is and he's producing. 27 and 10 last night. 23 and 6 the game before. He would've been so good at Cuse, so dumb to go to Tenn.
Would we have gotten CJ if Harris went here though? I'm not sure the timing of it, but I couldn't imagine CJ going to 'Cuse with Joseph, Southerland, and Tobias all already there.

Would we have gotten CJ if Harris went here though? I'm not sure the timing of it, but I couldn't imagine CJ going to 'Cuse with Joseph, Southerland, and Tobias all already there.

I'm pretty sure CJ committed to Syracuse very early, didn't he?

I think he was already coming. Harris would've been a great fit at Syracuse, and that 2011 team would've been a title contender with him. He still would've gotten to the NBA just as fast, and he probably would've been going to the NBA as a "star" after shining at Cuse, rather than as a nobody from Tennesee. For an NY kid, I'll never understand that decision.

CJ was a freshman on our team when Tobias Harris was announcing. Harris had no bearing on CJ coming here.

Regarding Tobias, he just wasnt a fit in Milwaukee. I'm so happy to see him doing well (I know he isn't popular around here, but I'm a Bucks fan and I've always liked him). He's an awful defender and really doesn't do anything besides score and sometimes rebound; not a good fit with a team with Jennings and Monta. Glad he's getting his chance in Orlando. The majority of the Milwaukee fan base still believes he can be special. He was an absolute star in the summer league this year.

I could still see Wes turning into a Bruce Bowen type eventually, if he finds himself on the right team.

Everyone in the NBA can play. I still have hope for Wes but the he has a lot of work to do to make the league. Think about it this way Dion and learned more in 4 months than Wes has in 2.5 years, and in the pros know cares why! It's a job do it or we will find someone who will.

Everyone in the NBA can play. I still have hope for Wes but the he has a lot of work to do to make the league. Think about it this way Dion and learned more in 4 months than Wes has in 2.5 years, and in the pros know cares why! It's a job do it or we will find someone who will.

Just because he didn't do it right away like Dion doesn't mean anything. Some guys take longer. Look at someone like Jarrett Jack. He had chances in Portland early on as the starter, but was never all that impressive, and was relegated to being a backup. Now he's playing the best basketball of his career close to the age of 30...played very well as a starter last year, and should be 6th man of the year this season.

All Wes did was stand in the corner in Minnesota. In the right situation, he can and will play much better than that. But he's gotta get on the court to show that.

Just because he didn't do it right away like Dion doesn't mean anything. Some guys take longer. Look at someone like Jarrett Jack. He had chances in Portland early on as the starter, but was never all that impressive, and was relegated to being a backup. Now he's playing the best basketball of his career close to the age of 30...played very well as a starter last year, and should be 6th man of the year this season.

All Wes did was stand in the corner in Minnesota. In the right situation, he can and will play much better than that. But he's gotta get on the court to show that.

This is my last hope for Wes as well and I really want you to be right. But it's a little more than just "stand in the corner." He's got a few significant other areas to work on (handle being one). The issue is that Wes IS a hard worker and a guy who puts in the extra time. So this doesn't seem to be a case of not wanting to do the work, it's shaping up to be the case of not being able to make the jump.

And that sucks because is an all time great guy and great person.

44cuse

I agree but most players don't get as many opportunities as Jack did. It has been reported that the only reason he made the Hornets a few years ago is because Chris Paul insisted.

He led the team in minutes last night - good for Wes.

This is my last hope for Wes as well and I really want you to be right. But it's a little more than just "stand in the corner." He's got a few significant other areas to work on (handle being one). The issue is that Wes IS a hard worker and a guy who puts in the extra time. So this doesn't seem to be a case of not wanting to do the work, it's shaping up to be the case of not being able to make the jump.

And that sucks because is an all time great guy and great person.

44cuse

Even without the handle, he could still be a good role player...he's gotta make shots! And I don't see any reason why he can't do that. He should be able to knock down 3's, and he's athletic enough and has the frame and length to be a good defender. He just has to do those things when he gets his chances.

Though JJ Redick comes to mind as a guy who has improved his handle. His shot is what got him in the league and gave him chances for years, but he's improved his ball handling a lot and expanded his game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom