West and Nassib | Syracusefan.com

West and Nassib

DJR44

Walk On
Surprised there is not more talk of West's 2 big catches. He sure looks the part and if he gets going that is 4 big time targets: chew, lemon, West and Provo for Nassib.

Nassib:
He is a winner and makes plays. He is by far SU's best player. I did not like the sequence in the 4th quarter with the game on the line and we ran twice to try pick up a short yardage first down. (Which we did not get.) Than we came back the next series and run, run, quick dump. Righ after that we opened it up and Ryan won that football game for us.
When the game is on the line in the 4th quarter I want Ryan Nassib with the ball in his hands. He makes plays. In fact I want to come out aggressive on sat. The game plan vs Rutgers should showcase Ryan and we should attack in the first half and not sit back.

No kidding, West looked like a natural out there, and he also looks bigger than I expected. He's a nice, big target who really looked like he was gliding out there. Very impressed by how smooth he looked. I hope he gets a lot more PT going forward.

Yep, you can see why he had a Stanford offer after Saturday, I think Mr West just needs to do a better job Sunday through Friday but the talent is there for sure

We forget that he is a redshirt freshman who missed all of last year sometimes its best to gradually get the kid accustomed to the speed of the game first. I thought I saw R Moore talking to West and Fleming at times during the first 2 home games during certain plays. I would rather have a confident West gradually getting into the mix versus having him flop in the first few games and losing confidence in his game and Nassib losing confidence in throwing to him. I am sure West is very confident now that he caught those 2 passes and likewise Nassib very confident that he will catch the ball. I like how this has progressed with the kid and now would like to see it happen more often.

On the offensive side of the ball, West left me with the greatest impression on Saturday. Gulley was impressive too & Provo's YAC was great but Mr. West really looks like he could be our main target. I thought between West and Flemming, one of them would have to emerge as a very tough receiver. I would add Stevens into the group of Nassib's targets. Nice to see real competition at these spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom