West Regional a Possibility? | Syracusefan.com

West Regional a Possibility?

Mistakebythelake90

Scout Team
If we lose our next two, and either Duke or UNC win out, does anyone else think that they would take Boston from us? Duke/UNC play each other at least once more, and there's the potential for another match up in the ACC tournament. Either of UNC or Duke would have 4 losses vs. our 3, but in this scenario, the winner would have atleast another top ten win, possibly two.

It is absolutely possible if Syracuse loses to 'Ville and the 8-9-16 winner in the BET.

But it ain't happenin'

I could definitely see it happening if we lose our next 2. I see no guarantees when it comes to the committee. They've had a stick up these ass for us for years. Anything we've gotten from them has been earned and given to us begrudgingly.

1 seed in the east no matter what. Chicken Little's school of thought would have us going out West as a possible scenario, not a realistic possibility.

Actually, St. Louis home of the Mid-west regional is closer to Greensboro than Boston is (driving wise according to Goggle) so if Duke leapfrogs SU, they couild go there which leaves Boston open. Since Duke is currently ranked above Kansas in one poll, that is just as likely to happen as for SU to lose the next 2.

once SU either wins against L'ville or wins next Thursday's BET opener will I relax on this point. So many other times the "locks" proclaimed on this board haven't happened. If the committee has a chance they will screw SU. Don't give them a chance.

Well if we get the 4th 1 seed we wouldn't have North Carolina as our 2 seed. It would most likely be Missouri v. Syracuse in Phoenix. Anything that gets us to the Final 4 is fine with me.

I would prefer a 2 in the east if they forced us to.
But still we lost to ND without Fab. That will weigh heavily.

For the record we shot 1-27 against Ville outside the paint who is a bad offensive team. I like our chances.

not happening! First of all, get it outta your head thay we're losing Saturday...then lose next Thursday in the BET?????...forgetaboutit! This team will be a #1 seed...in the EAST!

are you All IN??? hell yeah!

once SU either wins against L'ville or wins next Thursday's BET opener will I relax on this point. So many other times the "locks" proclaimed on this board haven't happened. If the committee has a chance they will screw SU. Don't give them a chance.
Agree 100%.

Can we stop with these threads already? We are #1 in the East. Book it. Please disperse. I could see it being a question if Duke was #1 instead of UK, but otherwise no.

Can we stop with these threads already? We are #1 in the East. Book it. Please disperse. I could see it being a question if Duke was #1 instead of UK, but otherwise no.
but we love the China Syndrome scenarios!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom