West Virginia plus one: chips falling into place | Syracusefan.com

West Virginia plus one: chips falling into place

liljoe

Scout Team
If/when West Virginia joins up with the Big 12, it will inevitable be packaged with another BE team. You could potentially see the ACC pick up that extra BE team.

Why? That will create the 50/50 split in Big East football schools who are staying or leaving, paving the way for the 4 departing schools to dismiss themselves from the 27 month waiting period. In the end, all leading to ACC footballs for SU in 2012, with basketball being delayed until 2014.

Why does the big12 take them as a package deal? A lot of schools out there.

If/when West Virginia joins up with the Big 12, it will inevitable be packaged with another BE team. You could potentially see the ACC pick up that extra BE team.

Why? That will create the 50/50 split in Big East football schools who are staying or leaving, paving the way for the 4 departing schools to dismiss themselves from the 27 month waiting period. In the end, all leading to ACC footballs for SU in 2012, with basketball being delayed until 2014.
First, as Whitey says, there are a lot of schools out there. Could it be 2 BE schools? Sure. But it's no guarantee. Second, the ACC is not in pity-expansion mode (and hopefully never will be). There is absolutely no reason for them to take another BE school - a) it would leave them at 15, b) if they wanted another BE team, they would already have taken them, and c) there is not another BE school coming unless ND is with them. I just can't see the ACC going to 16 with UConn and RU. Yes, it 'locks up the East coast', but I don't see the 2 of them increasing the value proposition of the conference as a whole.

...and as much as I would like WVU to Big 12...not so sure they are on the way yet...let's see what Mizzou really does...so much out there on Big 12, SEC...and nothing on B1g...don't forget last year Mizzou thought it was a lock for B1g..perhaps Mizzou is just bluffing to push the B1G...

It's kind of funny that Mizzou is still scratching their butts and thinking about joining the greatest football conference in all of man kind. I'd love to see wv sneak in there and get an sec bid while Missouri is still talking about what they should do.

...and as much as I would like WVU to Big 12...not so sure they are on the way yet...let's see what Mizzou really does...so much out there on Big 12, SEC...and nothing on B1g...don't forget last year Mizzou thought it was a lock for B1g..perhaps Mizzou is just bluffing to push the B1G...

It was Missouri leaking that info last year to campaign for the Big Ten. Looks like there's more smoke to the SEC rumor.