Western Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan

nccusefan

Preferred Walk On
Has already seen our zone twice this year playing Rob Murphy's Eastern Michigan Eagles. The first time they lost and were held to 37 points. The second time around they won and scored 75. Hopefully our size and athletes are the difference and we break out of our shooting slump.

Go Cuse

Has already seen our zone twice this year playing Rob Murphy's Eastern Michigan Eagles.
I see you're either new or a lurker. I like your avatar.

That said, your post deserves this.

just-stop.jpg

Has already seen our zone twice this year playing Rob Murphy's Eastern Michigan Eagles. The first time they lost and were held to 37 points. The second time around they won and scored 75. Hopefully our size and athletes are the difference and we break out of our shooting slump.

Go Cuse

Playing Eastern Michigan doesn't mean that they've seen OUR zone.

What time do people who understand this process think we will play on Thursday?

I would think we are either the first game at noon or the last game at night!!

This is the type of game if scheduled in Nov that I wouldn't even think twice about. If we show up, we win this game without issue.

This is the exact team I was hoping we'd get in the 1st round. They throw up a lot of 3's but shoot a poor percentage as a team. Could be a grind-out game simply because we haven't been able to score on anybody lately, but they don't scare me the way Mercer did.

I see you're either new or a lurker. I like your avatar.

That said, your post deserves this.

just-stop.jpg
I am mostly a lurker. Been a Cuse fan for over 30 years and used to work in the SU athletic department. Moved away years ago and don't have the inside sources so I don't post often.

I Guess I should have included a little more information to back up my claim for those that say it is not our zone. In addition to being coached by Rob Murphy who knows our zone as well as anyone they have Riley who played for Syracuse anchoring the middle. They have athletic long wings including Bryant who was recruited by Cuse. They are not as long up top as we usually are but neither are we this year. EMU ranked #1 in the nation in field goal percentage defense. They rank 18th in points allowed, 10th in blocks, and 16th in steals. Very much like us EMUs trouble this year was scoring.

Last edited:

Go Cuse
They have seen A zone. They have not seen OUR zone. Huge distinction.

I am mostly a lurker. Been a Cuse fan for over 30 years and used to work in the SU athletic department. Moved away years ago and don't have the inside sources so I don't post often.

I Guess I should have included a little more information to back up my claim for those that say it is not our zone. In addition to being coached by Rob Murphy who knows our zone as well as anyone they have Riley who played for Syracuse anchoring the middle. They have athletic long wings including Bryant who was recruited by Cuse. They are not as long up top as we usually are but neither are we this year. EMU ranked #1 in the nation in field goal percentage defense. They rank 18th in points allowed, 10th in blocks, and 16th in steals. Very much like us EMUs trouble this year was scoring.
Yup - I'm aware of the Murphy and Riley connections. Murph's zone isn't JABs - it simply can't be due to the gulf in personnel. Riley... sort of played for Syracuse. I don't think he'll give our front line pause; there's a reason he transferred. Bryant is indeed quite good. Certainly EMU plays a 2-3 but playing against theirs is not comparable to playing against ours.

In any event, you should post more - any 30 year+ fans will be welcome here. It's unlikely you'll get worse treatment than some harsh memes and thinly veiled sarcasm.

They scare me

Meh. Hope you're joking. But if not, people were saying scary things about Montana. If they were really any good, they wouldn't be a 14 seed. Sure, they're probably OK, but if we even have our "B" game, we'll win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom