What’s In Store for Cuse Football in 2023? | Syracusefan.com

What’s In Store for Cuse Football in 2023?

Ozone!

Graphics Wizard

What are your predictions for Cuse Football for 2023?​

36F9C06D-B3C4-4252-954B-7716E49C0271.jpeg

From my vantage point, I see us having a good base of players adding in transfers and new additions. Our Coaching is the best we’ve had in many years! We need to bring in one good recruiter to fill our last open slot!
We must hang on to our current players and heal those with nagging injurie!
If we do these things, I am pro us having a good season next year!

Based on the current roster, 7 or 8 wins. Need another WR, a bit more help on both sides of the line and a TE. Also need GS healthy and making better decisions. Defense will be terrific but we need the offense to take a big step forward, it was not that great this season, albeit more balanced than it was in 2021

I think 7-8 wins is a solid guess.

I'm really hoping the university examines the seemingly above average number of injuries and making sure that player nutrition and well-being is top notch. It's not just a matter of keeping up with the Joneses; the late season collapses seem to correspond to the roster being decimated.

• Coaching staff caps off 2023 recruiting in January by bringing in a couple more quality transfers to give us a full roster
  • After spring practice, we lose a few more players -- but that enables the staff to go chase a few more this offseason, and we add some additional quality portal transfers
  • Players who played through injuries this year -- like Bleich and Shrader -- get right physically this offseason
  • Team is HIGHLY motivated in offseason workouts, and the quality depth we've built results in fierce competition for PT / spots on the two-deep
  • Team builds upon a bowl season this year by putting together another one, against not as difficult of a schedule
  • We find our way back into the rankings next season
  • With two seasons of sustained success, Syracuse continues to be an attractive destination for prospective portal transfers