What a bunch of floppers aTm were | Syracusefan.com

What a bunch of floppers aTm were

When Caruso went down on for that last charge (Cooney had a minor discard), I was shocked Bilas didn't call it out as a huge flop. I think Cooney hit his knee with his off-hand and kid falls down. Blah. You were playing good defense, just keep playing...stop falling down.

A couple were legit though. They did do A LOT of flopping though on light contact where our player slid to the side of them. That was annoying. You just got your left arm hit as someone went past you - if that is enough to knock you down, you best avoid using fans inside your house.

When Caruso went down on for that last charge (Cooney had a minor discard), I was shocked Bilas didn't call it out as a huge flop. I think Cooney hit his knee with his off-hand and kid falls down. Blah. You were playing good defense, just keep playing...stop falling down.

A couple were legit though. They did do A LOT of flopping though on light contact where our player slid to the side of them. That was annoying. You just got your left arm hit as someone went past you - if that is enough to knock you down, you best avoid using fans inside your house.
This call you reference was a horrible call. The other charges I disagreed with, then change mind on the replay. Notice though the charges turned into blocks the last 15 minutes

This call you reference was a horrible call. The other charges I disagreed with, then change mind on the replay. Notice though the charges turned into blocks the last 15 minutes

I'll disagree there. Just finished watching the game for the second time--their flopping was frequent, and obviously coached. Several of those charge calls against us came from minimal contact, or with a guy knifing past and barely having contact, but the players still went down like they'd been shot. The whistles were largely anticipatory.

I'm not saying that there weren't one or two that weren't correct calls, but when an entire team hits the deck like that--they're flopping.

rstone7727 said:
Eliminate the "Charge". If the defender is standing stationary and not playing defense against the ball carrier, it should be called a "Block" every time.

Been saying this for years. Its the worst call in basketball. G makes a great drive, throws a perfect alley oop, the place goes nuts...and it gets taken away cuz a defender was literally STANDING STILL! Its mind boggling.

The only time a charge should be called is if the offensive player is obviously out of control and barrels into the defender and throws up a wild shot that has no chance of going in. It really should be an easy call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom