What a fun game | Syracusefan.com

What a fun game

What a difference it makes when your team can score. Makes the game more fun to watch and you're never out of it.

I hope Coyle is taking note.

Agree 100%. After the anemic offense we've sported the past three years, this is a wclcome change.

Was talking to my dad after the game, and he made a similar observation--about how our teams from the last two years might have hung tough, but wouldn't have been able to match the rally and would have ended up losing by 10.

Also, when we sport a lineup with five guys who are all double figure caliber scorers, defenses can't cheat. This team is going to be much better than expected.

Schulman and Bilas really added to the ambiance. Reminiscing about the old Big Eastvand the nature of our 2 school's rivalry. Well done to both of them as usual. Only one thing missing...RAF!

Schulman and Bilas really added to the ambiance. Reminiscing about the old Big Eastvand the nature of our 2 school's rivalry. Well done to both of them as usual. Only one thing missing...RAF!
I almost never post cuz I can't get to games and TV coverage is usually only a few games a year in the frozen north. However, that game yesterday was spectacular. Most enjoyable game in the past 2 years for sure. This team will win some and lose some but by March, they will be very dangerous and no one will want to face them. One special mention...Coleman...did some very good things on D and rebounded well. Just needs to learn how to use his body more to shield his shots and he will get 6-8 per game.

I almost never post cuz I can't get to games and TV coverage is usually only a few games a year in the frozen north. However, that game yesterday was spectacular. Most enjoyable game in the past 2 years for sure. This team will win some and lose some but by March, they will be very dangerous and no one will want to face them. One special mention...Coleman...did some very good things on D and rebounded well. Just needs to learn how to use his body more to shield his shots and he will get 6-8 per game.

Agreed that we will continue to improve and will be a tough out come tournament time.

Glad I could give you your first "like".

Keep posting.

That Uconn game felt a little like the UNC game in '10. Early season tournament where the team gels together and a breakout star emerges. Here's to keeping it going.

Of course, we blew out that UNC team. This team will need a while longer to be at their best.

Nice to see two teams want to shoot and who can make shots. Great win and thoroughly entertaining. So refreshing.

And what a fun Thanksgiving. Great games Thanksgiving eve, Thanksgiving day and Black Friday. SU fans have a lot of things to be thankful for.

Yeah, concur with everything said previously. It seems like it's been awhile since we had so many guys capable of taking and making shots like that.

That stretch where G, Richardson, Cooney hit threes on consecutive possessions, and Cooney/Richardson (I believe) answered Purvis' three with their own - well, it was just a lot of fun to watch. It seemed reminiscent of the Wisconsin tourney game, where you could just sit back and enjoy the game in spite of it being close because the teams were so fluid offensively for long stretches. And we haven't always been capable of that of late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom