What a night for Coleman | Syracusefan.com

What a night for Coleman

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Has to feel great for him to finally just have a big game. 26 pts, 7 rebs. He still dribbled it unnecessarily a couple times, but had a real nice touch on his shot and did well from the FT stripe too. Great job big fella!

he dominated down low and i dont think he had a single dunk... What?

This probably reminded him of the competition he played against in HS.

all i can say is if we can get that from him( realistically 50 pct) we have some downright scary offensive lineups

all i can say is if we can get that from him( realistically 50 pct) we have some downright scary offensive lineups
Most everyone played well in at least one of the 4 games...glad Coleman played well tonite. We really could use that kind of performance on a regular basis.

Most everyone played well in at least one of the 4 games...glad Coleman played well tonite. We really could use that kind of performance on a regular basis.

it just makes things so much easier for the rest of the team..

It wasn't just Coleman. There was clearly a team effort to feed the ball to him (and Xmas, who had 12 and 11). Coleman settled in and didn't rocket any layup attempts off the backboard like he has in the past. Then, the more confidence he gained on offense, he started playing better defense. His defense is still way below average, but he did fairly well at the 4 and 5 tonight.

Aaaand tonight was the one game i didn't watch. ugh. Hopefully he can retain some confidence from this.

It wasn't just Coleman. There was clearly a team effort to feed the ball to him (and Xmas, who had 12 and 11). Coleman settled in and didn't rocket any layup attempts off the backboard like he has in the past. Then, the more confidence he gained on offense, he started playing better defense. His defense is still way below average, but he did fairly well at the 4 and 5 tonight.

This.

I don't think that's sustainable - he was still putting in a ton of buckets from a release point below shoulder level.

But it's great for Coleman to experience some success (and the 16-footer from the wing was decisive and clean). Great for his constant hustle to pay off; as you note, he was working hard on the defensive end the whole time, too. And he and Christmas showed that they can execute a nice high-low.

All of this is the result of forcing the ball to them. Good things happen. Nice to see.

Aaaand tonight was the one game i didn't watch. ugh. Hopefully he can retain some confidence from this.

if you're watching on Time Warner they will have a replay beginning either 4 or 5 tomorrow afternoon. I also missed only this one. Hope to be free then tomorrow.

He looks better on defense at the 4 with Baye playing the 5, seems less worried about mistakes, and seems to move his feet better.

if you're watching on Time Warner they will have a replay beginning either 4 or 5 tomorrow afternoon. I also missed only this one. Hope to be free then tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. Alas, I'll be at a bachelor party for a very long time starting around then. I can probably record it though.

Ennis could finish the season with more dunks than Coleman.
part of his problem is his coach that thinks going strong means dunking. and fans like you. you're probably too young to remember moses Malone; but that's how he needs to play. use his body and the basket to his advantage. u need a cab ride to get around him.

part of his problem is his coach that thinks going strong means dunking. and fans like you. you're probably too young to remember moses Malone; but that's how he needs to play. use his body and the basket to his advantage. u need a cab ride to get around him.

Actually, on the contrary, I've been preaching since before the start of last season that Coleman isn't going to be dunking on people, but INSTEAD must use his footwork to put the ball in the hoop.

In fact, I've said many times his game needs to model Zach Randolph's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom