What a night of basketball | Syracusefan.com

What a night of basketball

That's what i look forward to in the spring: sporting events where I don't really care who wins: I can just enjoy them as sporting events, (the masters, The Triple Crown of horse racing, Indy 500, boxing matches, even early season baseball games). there was a taste of that tonight.

That's what i look forward to in the spring: sporting events where I don't really care who wins: I can just enjoy them as sporting events, (the masters, The Triple Crown of horse racing, Indy 500, boxing matches, even early season baseball games). there was a taste of that tonight.

There's something to be said for not being attached to the outcome of things in life. I believe it is a big part of the formula for enlightenment!

(which is why I do intend to quit sports at some point, but would love another SU title belt before there!)

Agreed -- that Michigan game was absurdly lopsided, but the other three have been closely contested -- fun basketball tonight.
Very exciting that three underdogs won. More reason to believe that Cuse has a reasonable chance tonight.

There's something to be said for not being attached to the outcome of things in life. I believe it is a big part of the formula for enlightenment!

(which is why I do intend to quit sports at some point, but would love another SU title belt before there!)

I'm certainly not contemplating 'quiting sports'. It's just that, after 6 months of the emotional roller-coaster of rooting for SU football or basketball, one gets weary, (at least at my age). My attitude tonight will be a hopeful one with the knowledge that if things don't work out, I can just relax and watch the rest of the tournament as if it were the Masters or the Kentucky Derby. I'll probably root for whoever hasn't won it or hasn't won it in the longest time or has won it the fewest times, my usual procedure in these situations.

Never won it: Kansas State, Florida State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Purdue, Clemson

Won it: Loyola, (1963), Michigan (1989), Villanova (1985 and 2016), Kansas (1952, 1988 and 2008), Duke (1991, 1992, 2001, 2010, 2015)