What a pack of odd people on this board | Syracusefan.com

What a pack of odd people on this board

Complaints about JB's demeanor, internal fighting, incessant threads about an 11th man that has a funny name, questioning the a defense that has one loss in a game where the offense lost the game, questioning why a freshman guy that is clearly 4th best, as of today, does not play, why we dropped to 4th (even though it does not matter and it's one vote from 3rd), ref conspiracies, etc

My god, this is the program right now:

105-24 the last four years, inc 20-1 this year. It's not the 96 team, the 2003 team or the two NIT teams. It's the four years, including 2 S16, 1 Rof32, and looking at another S16 and possibly beyond, and a good pipeline of players in the next few years.

All that matters is what happens in March and of now, there's nothing happening that is damaging that. You have the #3/4 team in the country with one loss, enjoy it. If UC wins tonight, so what. Look at some pics of your family, hug your cat, go play dungeons and dragons...If 3 losses come and Fab is done, then get worried. But for now, enjoy....you could be Pitt.

Why even have a message board then? This is where we come to vent our frustrations, no matter how good we are in reality. I'm not sure that makes us odd people, we're just diehard fans expecting greatness and perfection.;)And when we don't get it, we complain about it on here instead of complaining to our wives or parents. At least you guys listen.

I think the negative feeling of dread on this board is warranted. If Fab Melo is done for the year, our hopes for a Final Four run are done. I said it. D-O-N-E. Passionate fans being concerned seems pretty normal to me, especially considering our title hopes were gone the last time our starting center was no longer available to us.

Why even have a message board then? This is where we come to vent our frustrations, no matter how good we are in reality. I'm not sure that makes us odd people, we're just diehard fans expecting greatness and perfection.;)And when we don't get it, we complain about it on here instead of complaining to our wives or parents. At least you guys listen.

That was funny!

Seriously though, how many times can one argue that mookie needs to play more when it's irrelevant because JB said he is (was) #11 and not going to play? How many times do we see "well, he should've gone zone" in this case when JB will play the defense that gives him the best chance, or the fact that the defense actually was not the problem as it caused 19 to's while the O shot 35%? One loss and people loss a sense of reality and post strange stuff, not even looking at what really transpired.

Again, I think people around here are manic right now, in lieu of the Fab situation. I don't think people would be wrapped up in all this other crap if we knew Fab would be back for WVU.

Not saying that the offense wasn't a major problem against ND, but if you don't think the loss of Melo in the middle had no effect on our interior defense and our potential fast break opportunities...along with messing with our wing and guard play on D...you haven't been paying attention.

Doesn't mean that JB and the team can't adjust. I'm one that thinks that without Melo our stellar defense takes a serious hit.

I guess I'm just odd? We'll see.

This is waht I think... blah, blah, blah...

Everyone on this board is stoopid cuz they don't think like me... blah, blah, blah...

fantastic thread.

Complaints about JB's demeanor, internal fighting, incessant threads about an 11th man that has a funny name, questioning the a defense that has one loss in a game where the offense lost the game, questioning why a freshman guy that is clearly 4th best, as of today, does not play, why we dropped to 4th (even though it does not matter and it's one vote from 3rd), ref conspiracies, etc

My god, this is the program right now:

105-24 the last four years, inc 20-1 this year. It's not the 96 team, the 2003 team or the two NIT teams. It's the four years, including 2 S16, 1 Rof32, and looking at another S16 and possibly beyond, and a good pipeline of players in the next few years.

All that matters is what happens in March and of now, there's nothing happening that is damaging that. You have the #3/4 team in the country with one loss, enjoy it. If UC wins tonight, so what. Look at some pics of your family, hug your cat, go play dungeons and dragons...If 3 losses come and Fab is done, then get worried. But for now, enjoy....you could be Pitt.

Thank you. Previously, it was quite unclear how i should feel.

And when we don't get it, we complain about it on here instead of complaining to our wives or parents.

Wait, you mean you guys were serious?

Lots of people waiting to fix things and searching to make us the best we can be.
I see nothing wrong with that Just love and confidence for all our guys.

Its funny how much we talk about the team as a whole though (myself included).

I think each individual players should get more talk sometimes. To much team talk this year and we are spoiled rotten with talent NBA or not.

Maybe each player should get their own post pinned at the top for each game.
example.
The official Kris Joseph vs cincinatti thread.
The officail James Southerland vs cincinatti thread.
The official Scoop Jardine vs cincinatti thread.
The official CJ Fair vs cincinatti thread.
The official Dion Waiters cincinatti thread.
The official Keita vs Cincinatti thread.
The official MCW vs Cincinatti thread.
The official Rak vs Cincinatti thread.
The offical Triche vs Cincinatti thread.
The official JB and the coaches vs Cincinatti thread.
The official Syracuse and officials vs Cincinatti thread. ;)

What's funny, Ivey, is that you're complaining that this board is full of people who complain.

We are so odd we should have a wacky theme song and chronicle our hijinks in 22 minute blocks every Thursday.

Not saying that the offense wasn't a major problem against ND, but if you don't think the loss of Melo in the middle had no effect on our interior defense and our potential fast break opportunities...along with messing with our wing and guard play on D...you haven't been paying attention.

Doesn't mean that JB and the team can't adjust. I'm one that thinks that without Melo our stellar defense takes a serious hit.

I guess I'm just odd? We'll see.
I am starting to think we missed Fab on O side more than the D, sure Fab might have taken away a few buckets from Cooley, but when Cooley was scoring down low the game was already over. Without Fab the Notre Dame D was able to stretch to the shooters and collapse on drives(KJo) and also grab boards so we were one and done. As others have said the defense was pretty good, especially if you take away some of those prayers at the end of the shot clock.

Again Fab is our only 5 that gets involved on offense.

1) Nature of the Beast.
2) I need something good to read. Otherwise I would only have the likes of Seth Davis and Greg Doyle
influencing my basketball knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom