What an awful game thus far... | Syracusefan.com

What an awful game thus far...

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
I want to blame the sun and wind, but our ball handling is awful and the defense has allowed way too many interior looks (leading to fouls). Our guards have to be better than this. MCW has been absolutely brutal today.

Thankfully, SDSU is turrrrible.

Dunno about "brutal," but the ideal Syracuse point guard would probably look for his own shot a bit less and be a lot more careful with the ball. Still, I don't know if today's performance is representative of how we want to play - add the outside shot as a possibility and that changes things.

Interior defense wasn't great in either of the exhibitions and was soft at times again today. That's on everyone; the perimeter defense is letting the ball get inside too easily.

When the outside shot isn't even a possibility it leads to forcing it inside sometimes when it's not there, and more turnovers. I think the wind and sun certainly had an effect on that.

Proud of and very thankful for our vets. Happy with the win. Let's never do this again.

SDSU is a good team, lots of hustle and they're fast. In a gym, we might have seen a very different game.

The ship played into our hands. Every time we play midgets we should do it on a ship. If the Romans were able to flood the Colosseum we should be able to flood the Dome and add a wind tunnel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom