What an ending to the UCLA/Zona game (and weird flashback)... | Syracusefan.com

What an ending to the UCLA/Zona game (and weird flashback)...

cto

Administrator
Coach's son (Dwight Alford) ends (and wins) the game with a last-second three ... after having ended the first half with a last-second three!

You may remember his father's threes in the 1987 NC game. :(

Last edited:
Coach's son (Dwight Alford) ends (and wins) the game with a last-second three ... after having ended the first half with a last-second three!

Uggh- wish I didn't. Wasn't that the first year the 3 point shot was in effect for the NCAA's?

MbRYG_.gif

Reactions: cto
Bryce Alford.

I stopped watching when UCLA was up a dozen in the back end of the second half. Seems like a missed a dandy.

Bryce Alford.

I stopped watching when UCLA was up a dozen in the back end of the second half. Seems like a missed a dandy.

I caught the end. Was a really good finish. The best part of the shot was the fact he did it directly in front of Russell Westbrook who stood up to watch the shot from the perfect angle.

The defense on the shot was pathetic though. The big guy should NEVER have bitten on the fake drive to the basket. Know the situation and player young man.

Uggh- wish I didn't. Wasn't that the first year the 3 point shot was in effect for the NCAA's?
Yeah I try to forget those too. Most heartbreaking loss ever. And yes - it was the first year and Indiana "out-threed" us 7 - 4. So if the exact game was played a year earlier final score would have been Indiana 67, Syracuse 69. :(

Bryce Alford.

they were up 13 with 4 min to go.

He took an all time bonehead 3 just a few possessions earlier. Turns out it was almost a carbon copy as the all time beautiful game winner. Funny how much different a shot is when it goes/misses. Imagine the Cooney threads today if he hits that shot against Clem which he probably normally hits 45% of the time (open and in flow)

Last edited:
He took an all time bonehead 3 just a few possessions earlier. Turns out it was almost a carbon copy and the all time beautiful game winner. Funny how much different a shot is when it goes/misses. Imagine the Cooney threads today if he hits that shot against Clem which he probably normally hits 45% of the time (open and in flow)

yea, Bryce is a very one dimensional player, a chucker even on days they aren't falling. My freshman was watching with me and said, "That guy doesn't even look like a basketball player!" My response was, when you grow up Steve Alford's son, you learn how to shoot.

Yes, but our missed FT's down the stretch and Smart's game winning J haunts me more...even to this day. :(

The defense on the shot was pathetic though. The big guy should NEVER have bitten on the fake drive to the basket. Know the situation and player young man.
Well, the big guy should NEVER have been tasked with trying to defend a guard out by the three-point line. I laugh and shake my head at coaches who employ the "switch on everything" approach in those situations. Poor defensive strategy.

Arizona loses again in a close Pac-12 game (triple OT game at USC).

Pac-12 is crazy this year with a bunch of good but not great teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom