What an incredible week of college basketball | Syracusefan.com

What an incredible week of college basketball

RF2044

Living Legend
#1 Indiana gets beat on a buzzer beater after a big comeback from Illinois.

#2 Kansas gets whipped by a team with a losing record.

#3 Michigan goes down after a desperation Wisconsin three pointer at the buzzer sends the game to OT.

Further proof that there is nothing in sports better than college basketball.

Unfortunate it may end wit Duke at #1

You forgot # 2 Florida getting lit up at Arkansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Four out of the top five teams lost. Crazy. Dicky v's dukies will be back at #1. I'm thinking syracuse will be at 6 or 7 assuming a win tomorrow of course. Not sure we will leapfrog too many of the teams ahead of us.

Love it. Every second of it

I am glued to college hoops. Never understand those who prefer the NBA. That game was incredible!

"I don't like college basketball" Said NO ONE EVERRR!!!

It really has been awesome. I don't really get into the "this conference is better than that one" conversations on here because I enjoy most conferences. I was born in Syracuse so of course, they are my top priority. But my dad went to Iowa and my mom went to Wyoming so I follow those two schools and conferences. Then I lived in Georgia for 11 years and went to school Mercer University of the Atlantic Sun. Now I live in Kansas. Plus I have a lot of family in Cali so I follow the Pac 10 also. Basically, if there is a game on, I can usually find a reason to watch it and love every second of it! :)

i don't see how you can vote any team with a 30 point loss #1. lose at the buzzer ok. 30 points no way.

i don't see how you can vote any team with a 30 point loss #1. lose at the buzzer ok. 30 points no way.

It'll happen, though.

My guess, pending an SU win and a Miami drubbing of UNC:

1. Duke
2. Arizona
3. Indiana
4. Miami
5. Michigan
6. Gonzaga
7. Florida
8. Syracuse
9. Kansas

Arizona and Indiana could be interchangeable, as could Florida and KU.

I think the Nova loss and JS limbo restricts us from leapfrogging anyone. I'm not even sure we move ahead of Kansas. We could very well end up not moving at all, which would suck considering there may not be another week like this all season.

BTW, what the hell are the Zags doing clogging up the Top 10?

Like I said earlier today, what an incredible week of college hoops!

Paraphrasing the immortal Derrick Coleman: the NBA is a'ight, but college basketball is FAN-TASTIC!!!

Great week indeed. Hope it continues tomorrow with a syracuse win !

I think there was just a thread here about how college basketball is unwatchable. Oh Lord

I'm not saying that college basketball is unwatchable--just playing devil's advocate here: the score at the end of the L'Ville/ND game indicated another low-scoring "grinder," which the game really was. I think the factors that lead to these low-scoring affairs is what leads folks to claim the game is unwatchable.

Personally, I love the drama and emotion of college ball. However, it would be nice to see the product played at a higher level. A tie game with a score in the 80s at the end of regulation would still be exciting, and the game would probably be more aesthetically pleasing.

I'm not saying that college basketball is unwatchable--just playing devil's advocate here: the score at the end of the L'Ville/ND game indicated another low-scoring "grinder," which the game really was. I think the factors that lead to these low-scoring affairs is what leads folks to claim the game is unwatchable.

Personally, I love the drama and emotion of college ball. However, it would be nice to see the product played at a higher level. A tie game with a score in the 80s at the end of regulation would still be exciting, and the game would probably be more aesthetically pleasing.

Agreed, I don't think it was an incredible week. Some good close games but some of the play was abysmal and hard to watch at times.