What are our current rankings? | Syracusefan.com

What are our current rankings?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Anybody have an update on where we currently stand regarding SOS, RPI, BPI, MPH, RPM, etc. etc.? OK, so I threw in a couple of nonsense acronyms.

Also, for you guys that have more knowledge on these things than me, please explain again what RPI and BPI are and what significance they may have. Thanks.

Anybody have an update on where we currently stand regarding SOS, RPI, BPI, MPH, RPM, etc. etc.? OK, so I threw in a couple of nonsense acronyms.

Also, for you guys that have more knowledge on these things than me, please explain again what RPI and BPI are and what significance they may have. Thanks.

RPI of 12, up from 15

The ACC has 11 teams in the top 80, Duke is #1 and Georgia Tech is #252.

VaTech is in the 70's and is capable of putting a lot of points up on the board. Much lower point production vs good teams, I hope we are a good team tomorrow.

SU SOS = 14
VaTech SOS = 242

We are currently running at 55 MPH in a 65 with our flashers on.

We don't go very fast when we are tired and this team will be tired a lot this year. If we can miraculously get and stay healthy we won't red line in January. But we do have our flasher's on and it's time to get in the fast lane.

Also. Overall Kenpom is 47. Other teams around us...Louisville 41, Minnesota 43, USC 44, Ohio St. 46, UCLA 50. Offensive Efficiency is now 100 per KP. 144 per TeamRankings.com

Defensive Efficiency is 20 per KP. 22 per TeamRankings.com

The RPI is generally trash.

RPI is a terrible metric compared to something like KP.
a) To measure schedule strength
b) To rank teams on how they have done to date
c) To predict the future

KP has us at #47 which seems about right.

That being said, as flawed as it is, the RPI is working in our favour this year and that might help us come tourney time. If we win 9 ACC games, our RPI will be quite good (sub 40) and I can't remember the last ACC team with a sub 40 RPI not getting in the tourney

ease off the throttle and try to stretch the mileage.