What are the odds? | Syracusefan.com

What are the odds?

DeGrozz

All American
Per ESPN at least:

f3zi7yV.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how we can be ranked behind Marquette, Arizona, Wisconsin, and Okie State to reach the Sweet 16, but ahead of them in odds to reach the Final Four and win the title.

Math is hard, guys.

I'm trying to figure out how we can be ranked behind Marquette, Arizona, Wisconsin, and Okie State to reach the Sweet 16, but ahead of them in odds to reach the Final Four and win the title.

Math is hard, guys.
It means that if Syracuse makes the Sweet 16, we have a better chance of reaching the Final Four than them.

It means that if Syracuse makes the Sweet 16, we have a better chance of reaching the Final Four than them.
If that's the reasoning, it's incredibly flawed considering we have no idea what the matchups will be. The whole thing is kind of ridiculous before we see the brackets.

Math is hard, guys.

Certainly once brackets are announced it would make sense. Ability to make sweet 16 is not dependant on ability of one and two seeds in your bracket. Ability to make final 4 is dependant on 1 and 2 in your bracket.

But as of now its certainly odd.

I assume they did a Monte Carlo sim that went all the way back to the seeding (or rather the placement of the teams) of the brackets. The different matchups involved as a result would be why there could be higher relative odds of FF than Sweet 16.

Math is hard, guys.
I think it's because our record in the sweet 16 is so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom