What are your expectations for the team | Syracusefan.com

What are your expectations for the team

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
In terms of how far they will go in tourny? I say if they make the sweet 16 i'll count it as a blessing with all the flaws this team has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistically though - getting to the second weekend and then hopefully a favorable draw plays out for us.

But, I'm still picking them to win six

i can roughly equally see a 1st round loss, 2nd round loss, sweet 16 loss, elite 8 loss, final 4 loss, champ loss, or championship win with this team while considering the rest of the country.

67 teams and 0 teams scare me at the exact same time.

I wouldnt be at all shocked losing second round

I'd be very pleased to get out of the first weekend. Minimal bench production, erratic outside shooting and very little post production generally leads to an unhappy ending. But with the right match-ups the season could be prolonged for a bit.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see us make the final four.

It's been a crazy year. Zero favorites, zero invincible teams, and its all about match ups in the NCAA tournament.

I've said this a few times- final four or second game equally possible

They could easily lose to a 12-13 team... or they could go all the way to Atlanta. Who knows. Very unpredictable team.

I have no expectations for this team in the Tourney.

I have to agree. Too many variables for this team. Does James play D? Will Rak be aggressive like last game? Will MCW keep the turnovers low? Can CJ get the ball consistently? I can keep going on. I love the team, but I feel better this team's chances when they aren't the favorite. Speaking of this, since I have horrible memory about these things, how many games have they lost as the underdog this year? How many games have they not been the favorite?

We're due to get some breaks in the tourny. I think we're gonna get a favorable draw, our bracket is gonna blow up, and we're gonna find our way to atlanta.

In terms of how far they will go in tourny? I say if they make the sweet 16 i'll count it as a blessing with all the flaws this team has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My expectations of this team have remained the same since November when I booked my flight to Atlanta. My confidence may have been shaken in recent weeks but I still believe this team can and will join me there.

The weird thing about this team is it's not like we have all these different "issues" that need to be fixed by JB. Our flaw is our shooting. So if we get hot, problem solved. Getting production out of our big men is something I just don't see being fixed in 2 weeks. We'll get what we can get. Or as Bill Belichick always says, "It is what it is."

But as far as our shooting goes...if Triche can get hot, if James can knock down shots consistently, and if MCW can even knock down the occasional jumper...I think this team can go far.

If we get to the sweet 16 I'll be happy. If we get past that I'll be surprised. Shooting is suspect and that is the only thing that will hold us back.

BIG 10 is going to make some real noise, imo. I'd be pleased with a SU Sweet 16 and not surprised if we get bounced in the first game.

Team is just so fundamentally flawed.

Poor shooting, no post game, and soft makes for a pretty thin soup.

One or two wins equally possible.

At this point it's hard to expect a lot. But with a good draw they are through to 16 without great trouble. At that point, to me,if they run a lot through Fair then they are an elite 8 team. But same as many years, if they run into a team that handles zone well Nd / or bangs loads of threes then its tough going. Plus zone not as good this year, though it looks intimidating at first glance.

I'm not an mcw fan, think fair is clearly the best player and would like to see more run through him in key possessions, as opposed to mcw isolations.

A lot hinges on triche sorting his head out too. Looking forward to BE tourney to see if any adjustments are made

If this team gets to the Sweet 16 it will be a blessing and be the result of favorable matchups. A bad matchup could just as easily see us eliminated in either of the first two rounds.

I really see nothing from this team that suggests it has any chance at all of winning a game the second weekend or beyond. Crossing my fingers and hoping I'm wrong, but just haven't seen any progress at all in fixing our problems. We still get nothing on the interior, are prone to really poor shooting performances and struggle to score in the half court.

Talk about having no faith? Once again we lost 3 very close games where we had the lead for the majority of the time against 3 teams who will be very high seeds. This was all despite our leading scorer playing the worst basketball of his career. BT is better then that and so are we. I still think we are a top 10 team and would be very disappointed if we don't at very least make the sweet 16. At this point it's looking more like a 4/5 seed so we will get stuck with a 1 in the sweet 16, but are you telling me you are really scared going against Gonzaga, Indiana, Duke, or Kansas? We may actually be favorites against Kansas, and zaga doesn't scare me one bit. For me it's sweet 16 at very worst, final 4 and beyond very possible as well.

1 and done-unless a leader shows up - not holding my breath

1 and done-unless a leader shows up - not holding my breath
do you see some of the teams we would play in the 2nd round? We will be a favorite of at least a couple points in almost any single one of those matchups

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom