What Big East trip will you miss the most/least? | Syracusefan.com

What Big East trip will you miss the most/least?

The General

2nd String
bball0708098.jpeg

My biggest concern without our visits to the RAC is who will shut down the deflector shields now? The trip there sucks. The building sucks. The squad sucks. Enjoy B1G!

The RAC is OK - weird looking building but a good road trip IMHO. By far the worst road trip is DePaul.

S. Fla. the most. I have relatives and friends there.

Villanova.....is an easy one for me.

View attachment 2056

My biggest concern without our visits to the RAC is who will shut down the deflector shields now? The trip there sucks. The building sucks. The squad sucks. Enjoy B1G!
Looks like a bomb shelter... Someone should test its ability to stand as one.

Outside of MSG I'd have to say Boston College. Fortunately, we'll be renewing that series next year.

MSG, then Providence. Nothing around BC for pre game, poor hoops atmosphere.

The RAC is OK - weird looking building but a good road trip IMHO. By far the worst road trip is DePaul.

I guess it depends on where you are coming from. Pain in the ass from NYC when it seems like it should be easy. Depaul? Never been but it's in Chicago, how bad could it be?

Looks like a bomb shelter... Someone should test its ability to stand as one.

They would probably just rebuild it the same way with more seating. A bigger concrete trapezoid!

But yes, someone should call in the coordinates.

MSG, no real challenger.

Second, the Verizon Center.

I guess it depends on where you are coming from. Pain in the ass from NYC when it seems like it should be easy. Depaul? Never been but it's in Chicago, how bad could it be?
Chicago is great, but arena is out by O'Hare. It's now a tired, old dump near nothing of note. Since i'm in DC area, I would say we will miss owning the Verizon Center and their silly games to prevent us from getting tickets. Loud LGO chants spilling out into DC streets afterward. Epic!

I'm not going to miss trips to Hartford/The XL center, although I did like the way SU fans could take over the place because it wasn't uconn's home court.

Why don't more college arenas dim the lights on the crowd like MSG? I love that 'spotlight' effect. Walking out of the tunnel into that arena is always a special feeling, never gets old. It's also much safer to insult the refs from the dark.

Why don't more college arenas dim the lights on the crowd like MSG? I love that 'spotlight' effect. Walking out of the tunnel into that arena is always a special feeling, never gets old. It's also much safer to insult the refs from the dark.

staples center does that for laker games

I think SU should do that for every night game. Would be a cool effect.

The Garden's #1 for the coolness factor. Seton Hall, Philadelphia, and Georgetown - in that order - were the next best places to catch a game. Never got to see Providence. I will miss West Virginia - the Coliseum is a memorable place to visit for a hoops game.

yeah, it always amazes me how different that arena looks for a Clippers game as opposed to a Lakers game

think i read the lakers pay extra for that, so if the clippers wanted to do that they'd have to pay