What did Marrone mean by "The Letters?" | Syracusefan.com

What did Marrone mean by "The Letters?"

Dcuse

All Conference
in his interview with Matt Park after the bowl victory? He said it was a tough season with this ,that, the other thing and "the letters."Is he talking about idiot fan letters? Whatever it was it clearly bothered him by bringing it up there.

in his interview with Matt Park after the bowl victory? He said it was a tough season with this ,that, the other thing and "the letters."Is he talking about idiot fan letters? Whatever it was it clearly bothered him by bringing it up there.
I have a feeling that both major head coaches here read the Post Standard on a daily basis (JB has said as much) and read the reader comments section ("the letters") after each article.

I have a feeling that both major head coaches here read the Post Standard on a daily basis (JB has said as much) and read the reader comments section ("the letters") after each article.

Really? This isn't the first year that the P-S has enabled comments under their articles. Or are you claiming that this is the first year that Marrone has discovered those comments? I'd really like to know what was in these letters that has made him so upset? Death threats?

Really? This isn't the first year that the P-S has enabled comments under their articles. Or are you claiming that this is the first year that Marrone has discovered those comments? I'd really like to know what was in these letters that has made him so upset? Death threats?
Eh. Just surmising. JB said in a presser the other night he reads the PS every day. But just for the heck of it take a look at some of the comments that follow those articles.

Eh. Just surmising. JB said in a presser the other night he reads the PS every day. But just for the heck of it take a look at some of the comments that follow those articles.
Same idiots that post on the newspaper board...nuff said.

I know what's there. I just don't think that's what has upset him. Only thing that makes sense is if someone's threatened him or his family. But if he thinks that going to the NFL is going to bring that all to a close, then he's got no idea about some of the wacko fans NFL teams have. I think SU football fans collectively are probably among the most levelheaded around.

I know what's there. I just don't think that's what has upset him. Only thing that makes sense is if someone's threatened him or his family. But if he thinks that going to the NFL is going to bring that all to a close, then he's got no idea about some of the wacko fans NFL teams have. I think SU football fans collectively are probably among the most levelheaded around.
Yeah good point about NFL fans.

From the last "Doug Marrone Show":

Matt brought up the rumors that NFL teams and colleges were considering Doug for job. “I haven’t been approached. If I had been, I’d report it to my boss because they have to ask permission. It feels good to be appreciated. It helps and hurts recruiting. In college football people get fired after one year. You don’t know what will happen. It’s not the money. Sometimes the bad mail makes me wonder if I wouldn’t be more happy coaching down the road at CBA. I tell people ‘If you don’t like me I’m leaving. If I don’t like it I’m leaving.” (Please stop sending the Coach “bad mail”.)

Matt mentioned that Jim Boeheim had told him that he’s in coaching because he loves it. If he weren’t the coach at Syracuse he’d be coaching Lyons High school and still be happy. Coach Marrone is in it for the happiness, too. “I have a back-up plan. I like being the head coach and inspiring people to win, etc. But I love being an offensive line coach. If it ever comes to that, I’ve told a high school coach in Tennessee, where my wife comes from, who is very successful that I’d like to be his offensive line coach,. Not offensive coordinator. Just the line coach.”

(The podcast still isn't up on SU Athletics but when it is it will be here: http://suathletics.com/podcasts.aspx )

Half of them now post over here as well.

How in God's name did we let that happen? I order an immediate inquiry by the Kim Jong Bees secret police! There could be splinter cells right under our noses! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom