What did not get enough attention down the stretch | Syracusefan.com

What did not get enough attention down the stretch

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
With all the finger pointing going on towards Triche (and, yes, alot of it deserved) what seems to have been buried in the storyline is the ineptitude the team exhibited in the second portion of the second half after the team got into the bonus. I believe they got into the bonus with just under TEN MINUTES remaining. One of the announcers even stated that this could be huge depending on how the team decided to play it out.

Well, they did not take advantage of the bonus much at all. I think they had two one and ones the rest of the way through and that was about it. All we had to do was show some level of aggression towards the basket and we were getting calls. Did ...not...happen .

In my opinon this was just a big a factor in the loss as the play of Triche

That is a function of not getting to the rack. And Triche has some responsibility there. But settling for jumpers (good looks or not) isn't going to get you to the line. You're right...when you are in that situation, you go to the freaking hole.

44cuse

With all the finger pointing going on towards Triche (and, yes, alot of it deserved) what seems to have been buried in the storyline is the ineptitude the team exhibited in the second portion of the second half after the team got into the bonus. I believe they got into the bonus with just under TEN MINUTES remaining. One of the announcers even stated that this could be huge depending on how the team decided to play it out.

Well, they did not take advantage of the bonus much at all. I think they had two one and ones the rest of the way through and that was about it. All we had to do was show some level of aggression towards the basket and we were getting calls. Did ...not...happen .

In my opinon this was just a big a factor in the loss as the play of Triche

I was screaming this from section 211 from about the 12 minute mark of the second half

I'm not a fan of any strategy that relies on the caprice of three college basketball officials.

It'd be great if we took the ball to the hoop, but who knows if we'd have gotten calls or gotten empty possessions out of that.

L, for Gtown game. Was there a kid in your row crying near the end of the game?

L, for Gtown game. Was there a kid in your row crying near the end of the game?
I go down the aisle and to the right.

Not sure unless it was down and to the left

Ah, felt bad for the kid. He started bawling when he realized that we were going to lose

Ah, felt bad for the kid. He started bawling when he realized that we were going to lose

My son was almost in tears. Tough because I remember when I was that age and how emotional I got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom