What do people think of DC's play? | Syracusefan.com

What do people think of DC's play?

AZcuse77

Scout Team
He's such an easy guy to root for that I wonder if I am biased... I thought he looked "not terrible" on D and they looked to involve him on O. I didn't love that he seemed to either shoot / drive each time they threw it in and I don't remember him ever looking to go inside - out.

He missed one from just inside the 3 (that barely rimmed out) ... traveled (two TO's i forgot what the other one was) ... and got to the line on a drive making 1-2. I actually think he looked better than these numbers suggest and if his knees were in so much pain he wouldn't be looking to take his man to the hole like that.

I think he can contribute more than just an emergency option when TT and Roberson have 2 early fouls. Thoughts?

He's such an easy guy to root for that I wonder if I am biased... I thought he looked "not terrible" on D and they looked to involve him on O. I didn't love that he seemed to either shoot / drive each time they threw it in and I don't remember him ever looking to go inside - out.

He missed one from just inside the 3 (that barely rimmed out) ... traveled (two TO's i forgot what the other one was) ... and got to the line on a drive making 1-2. I actually think he looked better than these numbers suggest and if his knees were in so much pain he wouldn't be looking to take his man to the hole like that.

I think he can contribute more than just an emergency option when TT and Roberson have 2 early fouls. Thoughts?

He played great on d tonight. Slowed down Collins while he was in there.

He played great on d tonight. Slowed down Collins while he was in there.
Love the kid,he is class and effort to the extreme...But how can you say he played great on D? Wake crushed us on offensive boards while he was in and the poor kid cannot defend a shot in the lane in the least. He bleeds Orange but what coach said is correct. He cannot jump at all.

I thought he was over ranked coming out of high school so I never had huge expectations for him. Presently he gives us a different look which is nice. If he can buy some minutes for us, it's a win all around. I love his attitude and effort.

I liked his foul when he first came in.

If we can get minutes out of Coleman, cool. He should have the green light to hit opponents hard at the rim and send them to the line. A few defensive rebounds and some careful offensive play (read: not backing the defender down to the block, hesitating, and switching pivot feet after a shot is available) and he can help. He's a high-energy player, good knees or not.

5-10 minutes, no bad TOs, 4 hard fouls (no easy baskets), eat up space in the middle, 3-5 rebounds, and 5 points. I'd be satisfied with that line.

hard to believe a 5th yr kid who has always played down low still travels on simple moves after doing the hard part to set up the shot..

I thought he did fine for the 12 minutes he was in there. We need him when Roberson and/or Thompson get in foul trouble.

I thought he did well. He at least made Collins work and potentially fatigued him a little. Remember the guy was going through us like crap through a goose before that. I also liked that he aggressively took it right at Collins on offense, getting at least one foul call in the process. He contributed in a positive way.

I thought he was good last night...warranted a look in the second half which never materialized.

hard to believe a 5th yr kid who has always played down low still travels on simple moves after doing the hard part to set up the shot..
The one travel was because of the foul. Should have been an "and 1"

I liked it as the kid really tries to play solid defense and is a good team player on offense.

The one travel was because of the foul. Should have been an "and 1"

I thought there was barely contact and he for whatever reason traveled when he already did the move like upperdeck said. He does this often. But, I think he is our ONLY chance to somewhat slow down good big men. He can set decent screens (for Syracuse standards) as well. I hope he still plays at least 10 minutes a game to spread minutes out a bit and be somewat of a deterrent on D. Pulling for the kid.

We will need him Saturday against Ojo. Lydon and Taurean just don't have the strength to deal with that guy.

I thought there was barely contact and he for whatever reason traveled when he already did the move like upperdeck said. He does this often. But, I think he is our ONLY chance to somewhat slow down good big men. He can set decent screens (for Syracuse standards) as well. I hope he still plays at least 10 minutes a game to spread minutes out a bit and be somewat of a deterrent on D. Pulling for the kid.

Agreed he traveled getting settled after the spin trying to gather and go up. Very minimal contact although had he not traveled he was likely to pick up a foul the way he completed the move through the defenders arms. The travel was the correct call IMO.

I think it was a good idea to put him out there to play physical with Collins. Try to wear him down a bit and slow him down as well. That kid is so active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom