What Do We Do at WR? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What Do We Do at WR?

Its coaching. WR coach OL coach need to be replaced.

I hope you realize it's more than that.

I mean, you have to, right?

I haven't seen this mentioned yet by anyone but if we went to the triple option like we used in 1998 then we wouldn't need much from the WRs.

I would too, but it seems we think this about a position group each year and the same names pop up in the new depth chart. I didn’t make this thread to trash anyone. But I’d love to see some of our “leaders” (by the numbers on their uniforms) see their reps split on first team from day 1 if theres a hint of competition in the air.

Exactly. Forever this board just assumes an upward trajectory for every player and position. One of the biggest failures of these last 5 years is such poor growth in general across the board with DB’s recruits. Assuming we’ll just be better next year at WR is silly since we’ve been saying that for 3 or more years for a whole bunch of positions. This is exactly why a coaching change isn’t crazy to talk about.

It's baffling. If you're any good, you'll catch a million passes here. It shouldn't be that hard. You just can't have qbs on national tv holding the ball wrong, that isn't good for recruiting
I missed it. How was Morgan holding the ball?

It's baffling. If you're any good, you'll catch a million passes here. It shouldn't be that hard. You just can't have qbs on national tv holding the ball wrong, that isn't good for recruiting
There have been articles showing that the way morgan holds it isn’t super uncommon

I do. My point is lets try and control what we can. An extra 100k lands much better position coaches. We are never going to recruit better than top 40. We need to coach guys up, not down.

Bad OC hire and WRs no better than Umass or Uconn.

Dino's offense was fine it beat Clemson and then won 10 games.

The WRs honestly are that awful. The only one who deserves a shot at turning it around is too big of a punk. Small guys are weak and not that explosive considering its P5 football adn the bigger guys are too stiff not playmakers.
Dino's offense wasn't fine...Dungey was fine. That is all

We put up some big numbers with other QBs when Dungey got hurt, even Mahoney who had a crap arm.

The Officer was in charge of our contribution to the highest scoring P5 game in history.

How Is that even possible?
He clearly wasn’t Dungey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom