What do we know after 5 games... | Syracusefan.com

What do we know after 5 games...

Our safeties are terrible.

Terrell Hunt is a sophomore whose been playing over his head, however he's still young.

Jerome Smith should be given the ball more, he has 8 touchdowns already.

PTG shouldn't touch the ball half as much as he does.

Spruill is stepping up.

The secondary is not.

Our front 7 is much better than we thought.

Our wide outs are much worse than we thought.

Our punter is jesus.

Broyld has proved nothing, and I'll stand by that.

Our running future looks great with McFarlane and Morris.

I'd type more but I need another beer.

We also know that at this point, we can look at 6 games to win enough to get bowl eligible: NC State, Georgia Tech, Wake, Maryland, Pitt, BC. I don't think any of us are foolish enough to think we'll beat Florida State.

I think those six are winnable, particularly Wake, NC State, and BC. Maryland got absolutely obliterated today. Tech looks like they could be solid. Still, we could win any of those games. Get to a bowl game and build.

We also know that at this point, we can look at 6 games to win enough to get bowl eligible: NC State, Georgia Tech, Wake, Maryland, Pitt, BC. I don't think any of us are foolish enough to think we'll beat Florida State.

I think those six are winnable, particularly Wake, NC State, and BC. Maryland got absolutely obliterated today. Tech looks like they could be solid. Still, we could win any of those games. Get to a bowl game and build.

We should be able to beat BC, Wake, and NC St.

I don't know how we'll do against GTech...especially on the road.

Maryland also is a tough game on the road.

I would say NC St is doubtful, no? They held Clemson to less than 30. What are we going to do? They have better corners than Clemson.

Agree with you guys.

Match ups match ups match ups. The rest of the year it is going to be about who can execute their games vs the weaknesses/strengths of the other teams. NCState matched up well for them vs Clemson, but Wake kicks their butt. Did Wake ram the ball down their throats because last I saw they were trying to get that run game going.

I would say NC St is doubtful, no? They held Clemson to less than 30. What are we going to do? They have better corners than Clemson.

Did you not see that Wake beat State. Who knows which Wake or State will show up for our games.

Wake, BC, Pitt and NCSt are anything but gimmes at this point. I just don't see this team taking 3 of those 4. Could they ? Yes, but at this point there are just too many problems.

I like how Maryland is thrown in the potential win bucket but we have no one that can cover stephon diggs.

I don't think anybody said anything about gimmies, but Syracuse can beat every team left on the schedule except FSU.

Do we have problems - certainly but so do all those other teams.

people were hoping for 3-2 many expected 2-3, surprised we lost big to NW/Clem, surprised we won so easily vs Wagner/Tulane. Wish we played PSU this week.

Pretty much right were we needed to be to have a shot at a bowl.. Slim or not.

"Broyld has proved nothing, and I'll stand by that."

Really, he is the only receiver that we have that gets open.

From my post in sutomcat's thread:
"Broyld is not getting the credit he deserves. All I hear is the dropped passes. Ashton has 24 receptions in 5 games (4.8 avg per game) so far this season. At this pace, he will have 57-58 receptions for the season. Marcus Sales's best season was 63 in his senior year. Lemon had 68 in his junior year and 70 his senior year - the two best seasons ever for a SU receiver.
I maintain that his drops are no worse than either of those two players. Moreover, he is far and away the best receiver on this team. Jarrod West is second with 11 receptions in four games (2.75 per game and he is a WR). Broyld gets open and catches most of what is thrown his way. His routes go through more traffic than most and he does a good job of yac. He is a RS Soph! "​

I don't think anybody said anything about gimmies, but Syracuse can beat every team left on the schedule except FSU.

Do we have problems - certainly but so do all those other teams.

We aren't beating GT either.

You are not going to have a good time against GT. They're going to shred your DL+LBs. And you're probably going to fall asleep watching their offense, because it is freaking BORING.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom