What do we want out of our Individual Players this year? | Syracusefan.com

What do we want out of our Individual Players this year?

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Before people go crazy and get defensive (or offensive) about a certain player (we have enough threads on that), what does everyone want out of each starter or really every player on the roster this year?

For example, we hear lots of complaints about Cooney's up and down game, but what do we want out of him this year? What do we want out of Rak? G? CMAC, our entire team?
I just ask because people like to complain when a certain player doesn't perform up to their, or our expectations? I'd like to see what our expectations are for our individual players, not the team. Here are mine.

Christmas: 10ppg 8 Rpg 30 MPG 2BPG
CMAC: 14PPG 6RPG 32MPG 1.5BPG
Roberson: 6PPG 4RPG 20 MPG 1BPG
Cooney: 14 PPG 2 SPG 38% 3pt shooting
Joseph: 12 PPG 5 APG 2 TPG 35% 3pt shooting
Gbinije: 8PPG 4RPG 3APG 1 SPG 35% 3pt shooting
Patterson: 6PPG 35% 3pt Shooting
Johnson: 35 % 3 pt shooting
Okoboh: To be able to play strong defense for 10 MPG, block shots, grab rebounds when needed
DC: I hope he can get on the court to provide us needed depth.

Expectations don't have to be about numbers, but it would be nice to see what everyones barometer is of individual success this year.

Last edited:
Before people go crazy and get defensive (or offensive) about a certain player (we have enough threads on that), what does everyone want out of each starter or really every player on the roster this year?

For example, we hear lots of complaints about Cooney's up and down game, but what do we want out of him this year? What do we want out of Rak? G? CMAC, our entire team?
I just ask because people like to complain when a certain player doesn't perform up to their, or our expectations? I'd like to see what our expectations are for our individual players, not the team. Here are mine.

Christmas: 10ppg 8 Rpg 30 MPG 2BPG
CMAC: 14PPG 6RPG 32MPG 1.5BPG
Roberson: 6PPG 4RPG 20 MPG 1BPG
Cooney: 14 PPG 2 SPG 38% 3pt shooting
Joseph: 12 PPG 5 APG 2 TPG 35% 3pt shooting
Gbinje: 8PPG 4RPG 3APG 1 SPG 35% 3pt shooting
Patterson: 6PPG 35% 3pt Shooting
Johnson: 35 % 3 pt shooting
Okoboh: To be able to play strong defense for 10 MPG, block shots, grab rebounds when needed
DC: I hope he can get on the court to provide us needed depth.

Expectations don't have to be about numbers, But it would be nice to see what everyones barometer is of individual success this year.

Interesting numbers. I think we're going to get a helluva lot more on the glass from both CMAC and Roberson. I also see Joseph scoring more.

Otherwise, very good post.

Interesting numbers. I think we're going to get a helluva lot more on the glass from both CMAC and Roberson. I also see Joseph scoring more.

Otherwise, very good post.

I hope we do get better board numbers. Typically defensive rebounding has been our weakest area because of the zone. I tried to base my expectations off our recent historical leaders, which we haven't had a guy push 10 boards a game since Rick's Sr year. I'd love to see CMAC reach near 10, i think he has the ability. My reason for keeping Roberson's numbers lower, was my belief that he is going to be JB's 2014-15 whipping boy.

You probably are right on Joseph, but i didn't want to shoot to high as pg hasn't really been scoring position for us since Johnny Flynn left, but joseph does have the talent to score more than Ennis or MCW ever did. If he's closer to 15 or 16 a game he will definately be one and done.

OK I am hopelessly optimistic. I ran through quickly but when I mentally totaled before posting it was like 225MPG, 95PPG LOL.

I want all the returning guys to take a step forward from last season. I want Kaleb and Chris to improve on what we have seen so far.

Overall I'd like to see us average 76pts per game, play good defense and shoot 35% as a team from 3pt lane.

I hope we do get better board numbers. Typically defensive rebounding has been our weakest area because of the zone. I tried to base my expectations off our recent historical leaders, which we haven't had a guy push 10 boards a game since Rick's Sr year. I'd love to see CMAC reach near 10, i think he has the ability. My reason for keeping Roberson's numbers lower, was my belief that he is going to be JB's 2014-15 whipping boy.

You probably are right on Joseph, but i didn't want to shoot to high as pg hasn't really been scoring position for us since Johnny Flynn left, but joseph does have the talent to score more than Ennis or MCW ever did. If he's closer to 15 or 16 a game he will definately be one and done.

I actually think Chris and Kaleb will be our two leading scorers this season with a handful of other players between 8-12

I want to see our bigs (Rak and Mac) get great post position.

I want to see our guards get Rak and Mac the ball when they get said post position.

I want to see Cooney be more consistent from three.

I want to see BJ score a lot of points.

I want to see the light bulb for Roberson.

I want to see Chino develop in to a serviceable back up.

I want to see Coleman get healthy, even if that means he sits the whole year.

I want to see Buss continue to earn minutes.

I want to see JB use his bench if it looks like any of the starting five is off.

I want to see Gbinije make an All-Glue team.

I want to see 10 separate moments from Joseph that make me think "He gone!"

I want to see one of the walkons total 10 points on the season.

Each of them must prove they're not D-II or D-III level players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom