What do you want to see? | Syracusefan.com

What do you want to see?

Cuse House

All American
Against Virginia? Regardless of the outcome, what are the keys to indicate this team has a higher ceiling than the past few years?

For me it’s all about how Carey handles pressure and how we compete on the boards.

Against Virginia? Regardless of the outcome, what are the keys to indicate this team has a higher ceiling than the past few years?

For me it’s all about how Carey handles pressure and how we compete on the boards.

Point guard and center play.

I want to see QG and see if he is potentially a one and done as some feel.

I want to see aggressiveness. I’d rather watch us lose by 15 while committing 30 turnovers from attacking the basket and forcing passes than to watch us sit back, play slow and safe, and lose by 7.

I’d obviously prefer a win, which is firmly in the realm of possibilities against this young Virginia team.

I’m going to say rebounding and transition offense both fast break and secondary break.

Carey handling ball pressure (UVA will be one huge test so if he fails the season is not over)
Rebounding (tie we win) Guerrier must be big here
Turnovers created when our zone is good it a weapon
opponents field goal percentage, under 30 from 3 and under 40 overall we win (unless we get kills on the boards or have 18+ TOs), over 40 from 3 and over 50 overall we get blown out.

If the nice ball movement continues and how short is Jalens leash.
quite Refreshing to see everyone touching the ball. Besides that I'd like to see Bourama step his game up against stiffer comp.

last year, after trailing at the half, bennett made a major adjustment at halftime. he used his forwards to take the pass inside the free throw line, then dribble chukwu out to the perimeter. leaving a huge gap in the middle of the zone that pascal was not quick enough to cover. virginia eviscerated the zone that half and went on to win by 26.

ty jerome & de'andre hunter are gone and i don't know if bennet has the talent to try this again, but i hope he does, because i want to see what adjustments jb has made to the zone to react to it.

i don't think the syracuse defense is in top form yet, but i hope to see it competent and hold virginia to around 1.1 points per possession . . . hopefully less. but i don't think uva's defense will be in top form, either, and i hope to see the good ball movement and shooting continue.

dolezaj has never had a good offensive game against virginia; last year he had an offensive rating of 19 in that game, by far his worst of the season. i'm hoping he gets going against them this year. i don't think we'll see it this game, but at some point i would love to see a lineup with dolezaj playing a version of point center surrounded by four shooters - eli, bobby and any two of jgiii, brycen & buddy.

Short answer a win
Longer answer great 3 point shooting, which will lead to an inside game, which will lead to, hopefully, great foul shooting

We aren’t gonna be a great rebounding team and we aren‘t going to play up tempo. That’s a yearly unfulfilled promise. I wanna see a stifling zone and a lot of made 3’s.

For the first game I would like to see one player, dont care who, be able to beat their man off the bounce on a semi regular basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom