What does this season look like if | Syracusefan.com

What does this season look like if

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Tyus chose the draft?

It didn’t happen but I think it’s worth talking about. How would the off season had shaped differently and what would things look like now?

In my opinion, this should go down as one of the most impactful player decisions in Boeheim’s tenure.

Honestly we won plenty of games this year when Tyus Battle wasn’t the best player.
He has been really good the last half of Conference play.
This team is a Rick Jackson type player from a potential NC contender.
The problem is we haven’t had a Rick Jackson type player since Rak in 2015.

Honestly we won plenty of games this year when Tyus Battle wasn’t the best player.
He has been really good the last half of Conference play.
This team is a Rick Jackson type player from a potential NC contender.
The problem is we haven’t had a Rick Jackson type player since Rak in 2015.

40% overall and 31% from 3.

Compared to:

Hunter 55% overall and 53% from 3
Guy 48% overall and 46% from 3.

Compared to:

Hunter’s consistently provided open shots within their offensive system, and Guy may be a top 5 three point shooting college basketball player I’ve ever seen.

Tyus just has to constantly create. I think he’s capable of being a 45-50% fg and 35% 3pt guy.

Compared to:

Yeah he hasn’t been as good as those guys over the course of the season.
I do think Battle has more on his plate but he hasn’t been the guy who has single handily carrier us. He has carried us in stretches no doubt but we have won numerous games without him.
Last year he carried us more.

The season would've sucked had he left. SU is 19-11 now, and I took a look at the game log
for Battle, and I think you can probably take away at least four and possibly as many as seven
wins: Duke (scores 32 in 4 pt win), BC (31 in 6 pt W), probably 2nd BC (21 in 11 pt W),
Pitt (22 in 11 pt W), Gtown (26 in 1 pt W), Cornell (26 in 8 pt W), and probably OSU (20 in
10 pt W). That's a losing record folks. This year's team maybe can compensate more than
last year's, because Hughes essentially duplicates most of Battle's skills, but you're still looking
at a losing season for sure, and possibly close to 20 losses. But maybe Howard was trying to
help D on Tyus during a practice and that's how he got hurt, so maybe that doesn't happen.
Whatever. Hugely important that he came back.

Kev

Somebody would've stepped up. Somebody always steps up. Hughes would've become the focal point of the offense and would have a bunch more points and turnovers to show for it. Boeheim and Carey would have more minutes and would both have contributed more.

I think the more intriguing question is what does this season look like if all of our point guards were healthy the whole time.

All of our point guards? We have multiple? Carey hasn't been hurt? Howard is the only one that has been hurt. And yes, I wonder it too. Though I don't think it's as drastic a difference as you might think.

All of our point guards? We have multiple? Carey hasn't been hurt? Howard is the only one that has been hurt. And yes, I wonder it too. Though I don't think it's as drastic a difference as you might think.
I don't understand. Frankie's been hurt. Missed camp. Carey was hurt. Missed camp.

Are you saying we don't have point guards? I don't understand your post.

JB should take a page from John Beilein and consider changes on one side of the ball. michigan brought in a known good defensive coach. Cuse now needs that for offense.

I don't understand. Frankie's been hurt. Missed camp. Carey was hurt. Missed camp.

Are you saying we don't have point guards? I don't understand your post.

Forgot Carey was hurt -- hence my question.

They are both fully healthy now.

And honestly, if we want to call a spade a spade -- no, we don't have any point guards.

Forgot Carey was hurt -- hence my question.

They are both fully healthy now.

And honestly, if we want to call a spade a spade -- no, we don't have any point guards.
Well, sure. They're healthy now (actually I think Frankie may not be).

But if the team could have prepared this season with a healthy roster, I think we would have been a lot better.

The question I'm asking right now is, what does this season look like if...

We beat Clemson on Saturday, we win a game or two in the ACCT, and we again make the Sweet 16?

The question I'm asking right now is, what does this season look like if...

We beat Clemson on Saturday, we win a game or two in the ACCT, and we again make the Sweet 16?

That seems like the best case scenario and not too unrealistic