2. Kansas
3. Georgetown
4. New Mexico
West region (Los Angeles)
1. Michigan State
2. Gonzaga
3. Arizona
4. Oklahoma State

There would some fun matchups here with Crean going up against his old school Marquette in the sweet 16 and I followed the top 3 in the same conference can't be in the same bracket rule. Note Miami in the East precludes Duke from playing their as well, and Georgetown can't play in the East bracket.

Here are my top 16

1 seeds - Indiana-Miami-Mich State-Florida
2 seeds - Duke-Gonzaga-Michigan-Syracuse
3 seeds - Kansas-Louisville-Georgetown-New Mexico
4 seeds - Arizona-Marquette-Wisconsin-Oklahoma State

I agree with both of you in general:

Only differences I see between the two of you

Syracuse / Kansas (2/3) -- pick em. Right now I lean to Syracuse at the 2... with Kasnas perhaps having a better shot at the 2 in the end. Althought both can get #1 if they take care of business. The gap from them to Michigan St is not big.

New Mexico / Arizona (3/4) - I think the committee will want to give the MWC some respect in top seeds. I can't see their best team falling below the three line. I move Georgetown down to the 4 line, and keep Zona at the 3 seed, because they have two wins over the #1 seeds.

Butler despite some weak losses, I think gets one of the last 4 seed, because of wins over Indiana and Gonzaga. 4 seed line is a bit of a crapshoot right now -- would not count out Colorado St either,

1 seeds: indiana,miami,florida,duke
2 seeds: michigan state,michigan,gonzaga,syracuse
3 seeds: louisville,kansas,arizona,new mexico
4 seeds: georgetown(SUCKS)marquette,kansas state,wisconsin
5 seeds: Oklahoma state,pittsburgh,butler,colorado st

Yeah I forgot Wisconsin they are clearly a 4 seed way ahead of Kansas State.

Every couple of weeks I will update mine
1 seeds
1. Indiana
2. Miami
3. Florida
4. Michigan State
2 seeds
5. Duke
6. Gonzaga
7. Michigan
8. Kansas
3 seeds
9. Syracuse
10. Georgetown
11. Louisville
12. Arizona
4 seeds
13. Oklahoma State
14. New Mexico
15. Marquette
16. Kansas State
Midwest region (Indianapolis)
1. Indiana
2. Duke
3. Louisville
4. Marquette
East region (Washington D.C.)
1. Miami
2. Michigan
3. Syracuse
4. Kansas State
Midwest region(Arlington)
1. Florida
2. Kansas
3. Georgetown
4. New Mexico
West region (Los Angeles)
1. Michigan State
2. Gonzaga
3. Arizona
4. Oklahoma State

There would some fun matchups here with Crean going up against his old school Marquette in the sweet 16 and I followed the top 3 in the same conference can't be in the same bracket rule. Note Miami in the East precludes Duke from playing their as well, and Georgetown can't play in the East bracket.

Is it fair to say that right now, barring a major run from Syracuse to jump one or both, it is extremely likely Miami and Duke are going to take the 2 pod seeds for Philadelphia?

That would be very unfortunate indeed.

Is it fair to say that right now, barring a major run from Syracuse to jump one or both, it is extremely likely Miami and Duke are going to take the 2 pod seeds for Philadelphia?

Yeah, we are in for some trouble as Philly will likely be Duke and Miami, and Auburn Hills will likely be Michigan and Michigan State. Lexington will likely be Indiana and Louisville. Leaving Syracuse most likely looking at Dayton with Georgetown or a B1G team.
EDIT: Miami to Lexington is 1,486 miles and Miami to Philadelphia is 1,190 miles. Thus, the committee may just send Miami to Lexington and move Louisville to Dayton and put Syracuse in Philadelphia if they wanted too as Louisville to Dayton isn't too far even though Lexington is in their home state.

Yeah, we are in for some trouble as Philly will likely be Duke and Miami, and Auburn Hills will likely be Michigan and Michigan State. Lexington will likely be Indiana and Louisville. Leaving Syracuse most likely looking at Dayton with Georgetown or a B1G team.
EDIT: Miami to Lexington is 1,486 miles and Miami to Philadelphia is 1,190 miles. Thus, the committee may just send Miami to Lexington and move Louisville to Dayton and put Syracuse in Philadelphia if they wanted too as Louisville to Dayton isn't too far even though Lexington is in their home state.
Distances from Miami in miles as the crow flies:

Lexington: 900
Washington DC: 920
Austin: 1105

I am going with as the crow numbers because the distances are so extreme, it is unlikely anyone is going to be driving. Flight numbers make more sense.

So if you want to follow the rules and reward Miami for a great regular season by placing them as close to home as possible, you have to place them in Lexington.

Placement crisis averted. For now.

Could happen Tom. I am making contigent plans for Dayton just in case. Just pray we dont draw the nooner game.

i havent seen 1 bracket that placed miami in philly
The media bracket at the "mock" bracket selection run by the NCAA did. I think it was Waters who mentioned that while one of the other sites might have been a little closer for Miami, it was felt that they're more of an east coast school and fan base and belonged in Philly.

Going by the fact that they were using NCAA protocols I'd tend to trust that exercise a little more than those by the bracketologists.

Distances from Miami in miles as the crow flies:

Lexington: 900
Washington DC: 920
Austin: 1105

I am going with as the crow numbers because the distances are so extreme, it is unlikely anyone is going to be driving. Flight numbers make more sense.

So if you want to follow the rules and reward Miami for a great regular season by placing them as close to home as possible, you have to place them in Lexington.

Placement crisis averted. For now.

I was listening to a podcast from CBS, and they were talking about the mock selection process that happened last week and they were saying for the top 4 seed lines, how much emphasis was put on placing those teams as close to home as possible, even at the expense of seeds/matchups. (By that I mean they would rather move a team down a seedline to get the a favorable location). They also mentioned that the committee gets the driving distance from each school to the various sites. But Miami is so far from either place that it wouldn't be like either they or their fans would be driving.

Going with the assumption that Duke and Miami finish ahead of us, that could mean Miami gets sent to Lexington. That's certainly what I'd be hoping for. (Why couldn't they have a North Carolina site this year?!?!?)

(Why couldn't they have a North Carolina site this year?!?!?)

This is what I said as well. Of all the years not to have a NC site. I am hoping that Miami beats Duke and that Duke also stumbles down the stretch to take them out of the Philly pod.

This is what I said as well. Of all the years not to have a NC site. I am hoping that Miami beats Duke and that Duke also stumbles down the stretch to take them out of the Philly pod.

Yeah, of the two, it seems like we'll be more likely to pass Duke on the S-Curve than Miami. Duke is only a game ahead of UVA, and they need to go to UVA and UNC, as well as getting Miami at home. So UVA could conceivably pass them in the standings, which couldn't hurt.

Also, I was looking this up, Duke is 400 miles to Philly and 471 to Lexington. Syracuse is 540 miles to Dayton, and 250 to Philly. So basically, it's possible, in the spirit of keeping as many teams as close to home as possible, that Duke gets sent a little further to Lexington to accommodate us making a much shorter trip.

And with Miami being closer to Lexington than Philly, I think we';re ok for now. I think.

The good news is that it is up for grabs, and the power is in our hands. We have four marquee games left--Gtown twice, Louisville, and Marquette. If we handle our business in those four games, we'll vault up in the rankings. If we go 2-2 or worse, we don't deserve to be talking about a two seeds.

Again, our fate is in our hands. Time to rise to the occasion.

scurve.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom