What FSU Should See | Syracusefan.com

What FSU Should See

javadoc

All American
Of the 5 major conferences, the ACC is in a better position to become a player than the Pac-12, quite possibly.

Right now, the Pac-12 is essentially U$C and Oregon football. The rest of the conference is down (Cal might rebound, but I don't think Stanford will sustain top-10 status now that they are out of Luck), and they have no basketball to speak of, as a conference.

The ACC has top-notch basketball, and two previously dominant programs in Florida poised to rebound in football. Dare I say that with the extra money, new facilities, and steady growth we will be back in the top-25 before too long.

So as I see it, the ACC is much closer to being significant in both football and basketball than the Pac-12 is. Stick around. That 5-year look-in should be very interesting.

Of the 5 major conferences, the ACC is in a better position to become a player than the Pac-12, quite possibly.

Right now, the Pac-12 is essentially U$C and Oregon football. The rest of the conference is down (Cal might rebound, but I don't think Stanford will sustain top-10 status now that they are out of Luck), and they have no basketball to speak of, as a conference.

The ACC has top-notch basketball, and two previously dominant programs in Florida poised to rebound in football. Dare I say that with the extra money, new facilities, and steady growth we will be back in the top-25 before too long.

So as I see it, the ACC is much closer to being significant in both football and basketball than the Pac-12 is. Stick around. That 5-year look-in should be very interesting.
TV sets is what matters

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

For the next five years of ACC football recruiting, the first rule should be - there are no rules.:cool:

That's the thing about the ACC, they don't just look at Football ONLY like some of these other Big 5 conferences do. It truly is an "all sports" conference and they are good at it. I know Football drives the bus as they say but the ACC is a top notch conference for sports. Oh and outside of the Ivy's it's by far the top ranked conference academically and it's not even close.

TV sets is what matters
TV sets is all that matters if you are following the B10 network model. Otherwise, it is a combination of TV sets and actual viewership.

The Pac 12 has a permanent ally in the whole mess. If the PAc 12 is goingto get squeezed out, the B1G simply puts any conslidation on the back burner.

The Big 12 is still the most unstable conference and if they add FSU, Clemson, GATech and Miami, they will remain the most unstable conference.

1) Every team has attempted to leave the conference in the last two years
2) The GOR is still only a contract, if any team wants out, itis mearely a startying point for negotiations
3) Texas can and will do as it wishes
4) Texas can take a few teams with them and destroy the conference
5) Texas has the means to buy out the GOR in cash if they wish, though they will certainly negotiate it down or destroy the confernce thereby destroying the GOR/TV deal
6) As long as Texas gets the LHN $$, they stay. IF ESPN drops it because they cannot get carriage (which is quite possible) Texas will have a wandering eye
7) Texas can join any conference and any conference would take them under the conference conditions of equality (B1G, Pac 12 and ACC already made this offer)
8) OU can join the SEC or follow Texas
9) The remaining current Big 12 teams have little hope of joining a major conference due to 1 or more of the following:
* Crappy academics
* History (weak in sports)
* Religion
10) Even if FSU, Clemson, GATech and Miami joined, they have no common ground/history with the remaining teams
11) The South East teams are on an island from the remaining teams (OK, WVU is at least in the east)
12) If you cannot pack your stands with fans for teams that your school already hates, will the fans be fired up for TTech and Iowa State?
13) SouthEast fans are not going to travel en masse to Ames, Iowa, Stillwater, OK, Lubbock, TX, Manhattan, KS

Neither Miami nor Georgia Tech has the slightest interest in slumming with the Big 12 schools.

FSU and Clemson are culturally the closest to Texas and Oklahoma, which is why they are being targeted by troublemakers within their fanbases and within certain Big 12 fanbases. But I don't believe they will go either. Once they've put the fear of God in Tobacco Road they'll bacl off. They are smart enough, I think, not to sell their bodies to Texas for a million, maybe a million five a year (not including travel losses to Ames and Lubbock, etc.).

The Pac 12 has a permanent ally in the whole mess. If the PAc 12 is goingto get squeezed out, the B1G simply puts any conslidation on the back burner.

The Big 12 is still the most unstable conference and if they add FSU, Clemson, GATech and Miami, they will remain the most unstable conference.

1) Every team has attempted to leave the conference in the last two years
2) The GOR is still only a contract, if any team wants out, itis mearely a startying point for negotiations
3) Texas can and will do as it wishes
4) Texas can take a few teams with them and destroy the conference
5) Texas has the means to buy out the GOR in cash if they wish, though they will certainly negotiate it down or destroy the confernce thereby destroying the GOR/TV deal
6) As long as Texas gets the LHN $$, they stay. IF ESPN drops it because they cannot get carriage (which is quite possible) Texas will have a wandering eye
7) Texas can join any conference and any conference would take them under the conference conditions of equality (B1G, Pac 12 and ACC already made this offer)
8) OU can join the SEC or follow Texas
9) The remaining current Big 12 teams have little hope of joining a major conference due to 1 or more of the following:
* Crappy academics
* History (weak in sports)
* Religion
10) Even if FSU, Clemson, GATech and Miami joined, they have no common ground/history with the remaining teams
11) The South East teams are on an island from the remaining teams (OK, WVU is at least in the east)
12) If you cannot pack your stands with fans for teams that your school already hates, will the fans be fired up for TTech and Iowa State?
13) SouthEast fans are not going to travel en masse to Ames, Iowa, Stillwater, OK, Lubbock, TX, Manhattan, KS
if south east meaning sec fans--will travel anywere to see their team (cxcept vandy and kentucky)

WEST TEXAS
west-texas1.jpg

KANSAS
195.jpg

OKLAHOMA
MG_51441.jpg

IOWA
Iowa_Fields.JPG

LAST, BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, WEST VIRGINIA
inbreeding-personafied.jpg

if south east meaning sec fans--will travel anywere to see their team (cxcept vandy and kentucky)

I am specifically referring to FSU and Clemson fans primarily, with GATech and Miami fans for the group of 4. Clemson fans are more likely to travel than FSU fans, but given the destinations, even Clemson fans will have to think twice.

I really do agree with this. Everyone knows that Football is "driving the bus." (Has that become the most overused expression on the Internet?) But basketball is certainly important. The Big East has been the best BBall conference, but with SU and Pitt going to the ACC, and WVU bolting to the BigWhatever, the ACC is looking like the dominant BBall conference. Other sports in the ACC have always been strong. And there will be no touching ACC lacrosse, which is just coming into its own.

As far as football is concerned, FSU, Miami, Clemson, and a couple of other teams need to elevate their games. That was supposed to be their strength. If they do that, everyone is happy. The money will be flowing in, championships will be won, and all of the other programs benefit from the success on the field.