What game will Cahill get to ref? | Syracusefan.com

What game will Cahill get to ref?

Van111

Starter
With the announcement of selected refs for the final 4, the one that stands out to me is Cahill. Granted Higgins won't be there, at least the one we despise, but Cahill is just as bad, if not worse in my opinion. Now I believe it unlikely he will do the Mich/SU game, as he just did the Fla/Mich game, so I don't see him doing that game. If he doesn't ref the Louisville/WSU game, and we make it past Michigan, it is highly likely we will have him in the Louisville Game should they win against WSU. That would mean we would have Cahill in the last 3 Louisville SU games this year, and the last 2 didn't go so well. Will be interesting to see how this rolls out, and one would say with his style, playing Louisville is hard enough, might just as well put a saddle on MCW in the final if that happens. A complete injustice if that happens IMO. Here are 3 of the last games he did with SU, 2 against UL and 1 against Pitt.

BE Championship: SU FT 12-26, 21 PF UL FT 26-36, 21 PF
BE Tourney: SU FT 6-10, 18 PF Pitt FT 11-19, 14 PF
SU Home with UL: SU FT 8-12, 20 PF UL FT 14-24, 18 PF

In summary, the last 3 games Cahill did against SU we are averaging 16 trips to the line while our opposition is averaging 26.5 trips to the line. AND, this is in games where we led (in double didgets in 2) in all of them and the other teams had to take chances, which usually involves PF's in the team with the lead with the advantage. Not with Cahill...

I for one hope he doesn't ref at all...

I would hope that they would not assign refs to teams that they officiated all season long.

Given how many Big East games Cahill and Hess officiate they have no other choice. Really disappointed to see two Big East refs with two Big East teams in the Final Four. Neither SU or UM is particularly physical, but my biggest fear in the UM game is that they call ticky tack fouls on us every time Burke tries to penetrate and he has a field day at the line.

My guess is that the powers that be will separate Cahill and Hess. I'm not sure which I'd prefer...but I bet the L'ville folks want Cahill because he doesn't call many fouls at all.

My guess is that the powers that be will separate Cahill and Hess. I'm not sure which I'd prefer...but I bet the L'ville folks want Cahill because he doesn't call many fouls at all.
Exactly, if anything he is one of those even it up guys... He also allowed Smith and Siva to hand check, bump, and grind all the way up an down the floor but yet was still calling tacky fouls throughout just to keep it even uped on the stats sheet. Amazing how they don't call shoot fouls on their guys, but we always seem to put them on the line. hence the discrepancy...I know JB wanted to wring his neck in one of the games...

Then again, we have been terrible for most part at the line this year, cost us quite a few games we probably should have won regardless of the officiating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom