What gives in Morgantown? | Syracusefan.com

What gives in Morgantown?

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
70 points a game or so for a month plus. Now 7* points in nearly six quarters? At this rate, Geno might not even make it to the Downtown Athletic Club in December.

* make that 14 (thank you Tavon Austin), who runs it back as I hit post.

K-State is playing the perfect defense against WVU keep the safeties deep and tackle the underneath guy. WVU's bread and butter is YAC and K-State is shutting that down. WVU's defense may be the worst of any top 25 team I have ever seen. No pass rush, their LBs don't tackle well, and the secondary is bad. Collin Klein is Tim Tebow light without all the attention that Tebow got. Maybe Klein should put a bible verse on his eye black and he will get the same attention.

West Virginia's defense is a joke. Blown coverages, soft coverages and they have NO SPEED on defense. Their backers suck and I mean suck like our Grob years.

They put all of their speed on offense. They have no players on d.

Geno Smith intercepted!

WVU's defense is a joke. I feel like an idiot because I bought into their hype even though a huge part of me kept screaming inside that good teams don't give up 63 points to mediocre teams like Baylor.

But, but, they won at Texas.

Everyone (talking heads) said that win legitimized them as NC contenders?

If you shutdown WVU's YAC there offense is ordinary. They throw 1-3 yard passes and the WRs turn them into big plays. K-State is only rushing 4 guys and is defending with 7 and Geno Smith can't throw anything but checkdowns and K-State is tackling well. WVU's defense looks like Syracuse circa 2007 holy moly is it bad. When teams don't score it is a huge win for the WVU defense.

Christ, Klein has 7tds and 90% completion.