What happens first - portal commit for us, or an outgoing guy commits? | Syracusefan.com

What happens first - portal commit for us, or an outgoing guy commits?

What happens first?

• We get a commit from the portal.

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • One of outgoing guys commits somewhere else.

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Poll choice.

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
I don't think Taylor or Carey want to stay in the portal long and lose the game of musical chairs.

Copeland might do well to let schools get desperate and hope a bidding war emerges. Could see him leaving money and strength of program on the table for starting PG role though.

Taylor, Carey or both, then a new SU portal, possibly 2 all before Q winds up anywhere. Sometime between Sunday and FF weekend Judah announces for the draft. That’s my guess.

Still a lot depends on teams and players still in the tourney and buzz/timing for other players announcements.

Edit: just to add, I think we want guys that enter the portal, and then quickly visit/commit to Syracuse. I don’t think we’re going after guys that want to do a bunch of visits and play out a second recruitment in a bidding war. The only one that was like that last year was McLeod and that was because we expected to have Jesse back and were scrambling late. We may see some of that this year, but hopefully it’s for back end roster depth. Possibly we go for a drawn out thing with Mack but with other guys already in the fold and a backup plan in place.

Last edited: