What Hurts The Most | Syracusefan.com

What Hurts The Most

DoubleDee

All American
*cue up the Rascal Flatts. You’re welcome. Some of you will read this and have the song stuck in your head all day*

The fact that we started 6-0. The fact that we throttled UL and NCST. The fact that we fought to win against Virginia, and the way we beat a good Purdue.

If the schedule was set up in a different order, some if not most of us would have been thrilled with 7-5 for the year with a bowl appearance. Instead, we charge out of the gate, get national attention, get a sniff at Gameday, have a QB with some legit stat lines.

This isn’t even the same team. They aren’t even calling the same plays. Think of the plays we called in the first 6. Gadsden had what, 1 catch last night? The best player on the field? In the first 6, he was a lock over the middle. Am I the only one in the building that remembers that? Robert? Am I?

I am in the camp that believes we are destined to be the 7-5, 8-4, 9-3 teams at best. Good record, bowl most years. Occasional 10 or 11 win special seasons once a decade or so. Just exactly what we’ve always been. This one hurts different because of what we started with, and what we’ve become.

I’m not feeling good about 3-7 BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom