What if... yurtseven | Syracusefan.com

What if... yurtseven

florange44

Scout Team
I don't know the details of his decision but wouldn't it be nice to have Yurtseven this year and next? I assume he was a bit scared off by Coleman and PC being here, two guys who we've got nothing out of this year. Sure wish that had gone the other way. I suspect he is already better than PC will ever be for us. Sigh.

Florange44

Yurt seven missed some critical free throws down the stretch. I think he can help us by staying at State.

Yurt seven missed some critical free throws down the stretch. I think he can help us by staying at State.
That is a little unfair - the kid knows how to play and has an higher hoops IQ than most of our current roster, and they were definitely better when he was on the floor. As for missing FT's, we would lose half our team for the last 40 years. I think the kid is going to be a thorn in our side for the next few years.

I don't know the details of his decision but wouldn't it be nice to have Yurtseven this year and next? I assume he was a bit scared off by Coleman and PC being here, two guys who we've got nothing out of this year. Sure wish that had gone the other way. I suspect he is already better than PC will ever be for us. Sigh.

Florange44

You mean the kid who literally stood in the lane for 10 - 15 seconds of every possession to start the game? I nearly went out of my mind calling for the 3 second violation, trip after trip. He'd establish position (in the lane), catch the ball (in the lane), pass the ball out (still in the lane), look around (in the lane), then look to rebound or finally step out.

You mean the kid who literally stood in the lane for 10 - 15 seconds of every possession to start the game? I nearly went out of my mind calling for the 3 second violation, trip after trip. He'd establish position (in the lane), catch the ball (in the lane), pass the ball out (still in the lane), look around (in the lane), then look to rebound or finally step out.

FWIW passing the ball out of the lane resets the 3 second clock. But point taken.

FWIW passing the ball out of the lane resets the 3 second clock. But point taken.

Is this true? I thought it would only reset if he took a shot.

Cowtown ? Any other referee types?

Speaking of Yurtseven, NC State fans have every right to be furious this year. That team is so talented.

Top 5 draft pick at PG. Lights out shooters on the wings. Skilled bigs in Yurt and Abu with decent depth behind them.

How are they so bad?

Yeah, I don't believe that to be true. You can't park in the lane even when you don't have the ball. If that was the case Shaq would have averaged 100 back in the day.

I couldn't find the official NCAA rules, but I did find this. Three Second Violation

The third and most crucial point, however, is that officials must be aware of the provision for suspending the three second count. If a player who has been in the restricted area for fewer than three seconds receives that ball and immediately moves to the basket (dribble for pivot) to try for a goal, the count is suspended to allow for the completion of the try. Remember, suspended, not ended. If the player does not attempt the try and either passes the ball or dribbles out of the lane, a three seconds call should be made. This allowance only applies to the player with the ball. Another instance of suspending a three second count is if the official sees that the player is making a serious effort to leave the area. Also, an official would suspend a three second count during an interrupted dribble. Use of these guidelines will assist and official in calling the three second rule appropriately and fairly.

Receiving the ball suspends the count, but if he doesn't shoot and instead passes the ball to another teammate, or out of the lane without getting out, that's a violation.

I couldn't find the official NCAA rules, but I did find this. Three Second Violation

The third and most crucial point, however, is that officials must be aware of the provision for suspending the three second count. If a player who has been in the restricted area for fewer than three seconds receives that ball and immediately moves to the basket (dribble for pivot) to try for a goal, the count is suspended to allow for the completion of the try. Remember, suspended, not ended. If the player does not attempt the try and either passes the ball or dribbles out of the lane, a three seconds call should be made. This allowance only applies to the player with the ball. Another instance of suspending a three second count is if the official sees that the player is making a serious effort to leave the area. Also, an official would suspend a three second count during an interrupted dribble. Use of these guidelines will assist and official in calling the three second rule appropriately and fairly.

Receiving the ball suspends the count, but if he doesn't shoot and instead passes the ball to another teammate, or out of the lane without getting out, that's a violation.
Thanks.

He's pretty good. He could help any team. Gave Lydon some problems.

Florange44

IIRC, the reason he chose NC State was due to him having some relatives in the Raleigh area.

Defensively, he caused us some problems last night. Offensively, he had a deer in headlights look if he had the ball. Bobbled a lot of passes. Nothing that surprising for a true freshman.

Speaking of Yurtseven, NC State fans have every right to be furious this year. That team is so talented.

Top 5 draft pick at PG. Lights out shooters on the wings. Skilled bigs in Yurt and Abu with decent depth behind them.

How are they so bad?

They don't play defense. When was the last time we scored 100 in a conference road game? They let a 5'9" guy score 43 on set shots!!

no it doesnt.. only loss of the ball or shooting a shot resets the 3 second clock
Thanks. I thought if you passed and moved out you were okay. But I guess that's wrong.

you can pass it, but you still need to get out.. the refs will usually give you some leway if you are leaving .

The reality is do something then get out.

His defense is terrible and is a slow robot at times...He would be in the doghouse for sure

Yurtseven would have made the rotation, and maybe started, but it would have likely cost us Thompson. So feels like a wash.

And I don't believe that Yurtseven is a transcendent scorer nor defender, so not sure that he'd have more of an impact on our squad than Thompson has had.

How are they so bad?

Gottfired.

How are they so bad?
How can a talented team be so bad? Did you see the first half of our season?