What if... | Syracusefan.com

What if...

cuseinseattle

All American
...this whole time Boeheim has just been playing possum. We come out and run like the old days. Our guards don't come back in to help rebound and we have deep outlet passes and we beat everyone in a track meet on our way to the ACC title. No high ball screen with Chukwu. Completely different offense. It would be pure genius. No one would have time to prepare for it with a game a day with no rest.

...this whole time Boeheim has just been playing possum. We come out and run like the old days. Our guards don't come back in to help rebound and we have deep outlet passes and we beat everyone in a track meet on our way to the ACC title. No high ball screen with Chukwu. Completely different offense. It would be pure genius. No one would have time to prepare for it with a game a day with no rest.

Do we have the legs for that?

Eric15 had post a while back of the beat down we gave Yukon at the Dome back in the late 90's. I was watching the game and my 4 year old who normally only watches the first 3-4 minutes of games before she leaves the room looks at me and says why are they running so fast daddy. She is 4 and she notices. I went into what my wife described as a "rant" about the state of our offense.

Honestly, I'm hoping that locking up Goodine for 2019 is a nod towards getting back to running.

Getting back to rocking the Dome.

Waiters taking off for a dunk & hearing the crowd get excited.

Flynn attempting to jam over dudes a foot taller than him.

I'd love to get back to those days when watching Syracuse basketball was so much fun. Our guys had like an attitude/motivation that they were gonna come in & take it to the other team.

Goodine can fly. Has some really impressive highlights. And with SU locking him up so early (like Dion), hoping it's cause we want to get back to that place.

I’ll have what you’re drinking!

9B6C4231-C24F-41D3-B6DB-8A38E4303A21.jpeg

Yup, instead of playing well all year and going 27-4 and getting a #1 seed, Boeheim has been playing to 50% capacity in an attempt to "long con" the ACC and rest of the country, minimizing the team's tournament appearance chances down to two games in March, trying to sneak in as a 10 or 11 seed. Some real three-dimensional chess right here.

It's not impossible. This reminds me of Cooney in our last run in the NCAA tourney.

During the season Cooney RARELY, if ever drove to the basket. During the run he was driving like a dude with reckless abandon towards the rim.

Which made me yell out loud, WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL SEASON!!!

What if Hitler never invaded Russia?
I love this what if. I'm about 98% convinced Germany would have crushed Britian under its full might if he didn't put together the largest ever invading land force to take over Russia.

Only thing that makes me hesitate to think they wouldn't, is Britains navy. That would have been a very large obstacle to overcome first.

But the British fleet could not protect a channel invasion due to the Luftwaffe... M2M vs zone debates are like Liechtenstein compared to WWII debates.

I love this what if. I'm about 98% convinced Germany would have crushed Britian under its full might if he didn't put together the largest ever invading land force to take over Russia.

Only thing that makes me hesitate to think they wouldn't, is Britains navy. That would have been a very large obstacle to overcome first.

We would need 5 Clubber Langs...

But the British fleet could not protect a channel invasion due to the Luftwaffe... M2M vs zone debates are like Liechtenstein compared to WWII debates.
The Luftwaffe was a shell of itself after only half a year of the battle over Britian. I'm very unconvinced of anything the Luftwaffe could handle under Georings inept leadership.

The Luftwaffe was a shell of itself after only half a year of the battle over Britian. I'm very unconvinced of anything the Luftwaffe could handle under Georings inept leadership.

So, kinda like Tom Crean vs our 2-3 zone, right?

See? History does repeat itself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom