What is going through Tony Bennett's mind right now? | Syracusefan.com

What is going through Tony Bennett's mind right now?

BlackSquirrels

2nd String
How is he handling blowing a huge 2nd half lead in the Elite 8 to THIS team?

And out of the players who left SU and Virginia, Brogdon is having the best NBA career so far.

If I was him, I'd be on a massive bender right now.

He'll enjoy finishing in the top-3 in the ACC again this season and nice seed in the NCAA tourney. Winning the tourney is hard, and if that's all we measure coaches by, then it's a shame. Tony is a very good coach.

I agree he is an excellent coach--one of the best in college hoops--and didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I'm merely trying to put myself in his shoes and if I was him, each of these horrible SU losses would be another kick in the onions.

I agree he is an excellent coach--one of the best in college hoops--and didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I'm merely trying to put myself in his shoes and if I was him, each of these horrible SU losses would be another kick in the onions.

He's moved on, I'm sure.

We only play what, 3-4 guys from last years team? Whole different team, which give me hope that we will get better.

He'll enjoy finishing in the top-3 in the ACC again this season and nice seed in the NCAA tourney. Winning the tourney is hard, and if that's all we measure coaches by, then it's a shame. Tony is a very good coach.

People used to measure JB that way when we had great regular season success. Can't have it both ways.

have you watched them this year? their defense is tough as usual but their offense is as much of a mess as ours - the way they're looking right now no way they'll be top-3 ACC

And out of the players who left SU and Virginia, Brogdon is having the best NBA career so far.

???

He didn't blow a huge lead to this team, that team had G,Cooney, Mal, and some stud named Lydon, I don't know what happened to him, he must have left early and we didn't realize it.

have you watched them this year? their defense is tough as usual but their offense is as much of a mess as ours - the way they're looking right now no way they'll be top-3 ACC
No. I haven't watched them other than highlights. I'm just going off of the stats. They're a ball control team - the offense won't be pretty but it has to be efficient. KenPom's AdjO has them at 13th with the 2nd ranked AdjD where SU is 55th in AdjO and 12th in AdjD. Syracuse's offense is neither pretty or efficient.

No. I haven't watched them other than highlights. I'm just going off of the stats. They're a ball control team - the offense won't be pretty but it has to be efficient. KenPom's AdjO has them at 13th with the 2nd ranked AdjD where SU is 55th in AdjO and 12th in AdjD. Syracuse's offense is neither pretty or efficient.
yeah I do generally believe in KP's #s but they don't really settle in until conf play starts - I watched Virginia play 3 games and in each of them their offense was as aimless as ours - typically depending on a late-clock heave by Perrantes or Hall or Guy for points... they have worse inside-scoring prospects than we do, I can tell you that

What does a loss by Syracuse this year have to do with losing to Syracuse last year? Strange.

Considered response 1: Has this team played UVa already this year?

Considered response 2: Probably the lyrics to I Left My Heart In San Francisco

Chosen response: Who cares what he's thinking?

I would bet large sums of money Bennett is not obsessing over how a different team in a different season lost to UCONN.