What is so frustrating is that with an even | Syracusefan.com

What is so frustrating is that with an even

GoSU96

Living Legend
slightly less than average pass production this is at least a top 20 team. The run game is elite and the defense is really, really good. With an average pass game those close losses would have been wins and the comfortable wins blowouts.

slightly less than average pass production this is at least a top 20 team. The run game is elite and the defense is really, really good. With an average pass game those close losses would have been wins and the comfortable wins blowouts.
Agreed. However in spite of our limitations we screwed up 2 possibly 3 games.

If Harris had been a better team guy, then me guy, we might very well be 8-1. The talent was there, but the attitude wasn't.

Dino goes with guys a long time, seems to bite him in the butt a lot.
Agree with this, has a lot of loyalty, which is admirable, however in a results orientated business you need to go who is the best.

If Harris had been a better team guy, then me guy, we might very well be 8-1. The talent was there, but the attitude wasn't.
I don’t think his attitude was the issue with the passing game. I’d argue it was the inability to call plays that put him in space

my quick look thru the stats only 3 teams held a team to under 200 yds and lost

Iowa St - Iowa
SU - Rutgers
Minn - BG . now Minn being a 31 pt fav makes it even worse.

Stuff happens - to everyone. Ball bounces one way you win - the other way, you lose - it's football. To win 8 of 9 requires more than skill. Realistically, IMO, I think we might be 6-3 or possibly 7-2. Hard to say what happens if we go to OT with Clemson. Shrader starts against Rutgers (probably win).

I think our defense is not really, really good - just really good. That's what the stats show as well as the eye test. From where we've been really good is a miracle - props to everyone - Dino, for hiring White, White for, well, being White, the super seniors for comng back and the great young kids we have playing their hearts out to the endd of every game.

Anyway, to be here at this point in the season and actually thinking there is a chance (any chance) to win out is remarkable. That alone is enough to keep Dino.

I guarantee you we have everyone's undivided attention. We're dangerous.
LGO!

This admittedly had been my biggest struggle as a head coach as well. When do you abandon the person you know and turn to the unknown. Facing a situation like that right now in my team.
It's difficult to give up on people who you've tried to work with, that's for sure. People find the niche where they belong sooner or later.

This admittedly had been my biggest struggle as a head coach as well. When do you abandon the person you know and turn to the unknown. Facing a situation like that right now in my team.
The definition of insanity...

The talent was obvious with TD and Taj. It’s not crazy to try to ride those guys. But knowing when to give up on them had to be tough too.

Other than 2018 this is turning into a really fun season. I get a lot of 2010 vibes from this team. Just really grinding and playing together. Let's hope it delivers a bowl appearance.

It's difficult to give up on people who you've tried to work with, that's for sure. People find the niche where they belong sooner or later.
I think you start the kid who might replace your known player and see how they do. If they perform, they get another start. If they don't, it might light the necessary fire under the prior starter. I've been on both ends of this situation as a player and a coach. Good luck. It's never easy.

The talent was obvious with TD and Taj. It’s not crazy to try to ride those guys. But knowing when to give up on them had to be tough too.

Unfortunately being a winner is also a talent and we knew before the season started (many of us) that TD wasn’t a guy that team was going to win with. We can will his arm to win games but the QB position is far more nuanced than falling in love with a guys arm. There’s far more important aspects that I was ridiculed for pointing out a long time ago. The talent was obvious only to those unable to understand the position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom