What is wrong with People | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with People

No I wasn't there. I don't live close enough and I have little kids.

So 90% of the crowd that came to the game all had "reasons to leave" after the 3rd quarter ended. Wow, that is an incredible coincidence. Was there a Grand Funk Railroad cover band performing locally at 11:00?

If you want to take this personally that's your problem. Might as well just accept it and realize our program will always have limitations because of the poor support.

I've accepted the last sentence.

honestly. This was a 14 point game in the fourth quarter and people left the dome ? It's pretty sad when fans are going to walk out when the margin is that freakin close.

Embarrassing. That is all. Hope they never come back.

(Btw it was only 14 points against #13 and we aren't even playing good football... Positive IMO)
Were you at the game?

Nah. You're wrong. Our fan support is no better than any of the other programs in our "peer class" and for our history it kinda sucks. Pathetic turnouts for top opponents the last two years too.

SMH at people getting personally offended. It's a problem. Best believe our coach and AD want to get it figured out.

Were you at the game?

If you were, great. How long did you stay? That game ended after midnight and started at 8PM. Most people in this town aren't staying until the end of that long a game even if we win.

No I wasn't there. I don't live close enough and I have little kids.

So 90% of the crowd that came to the game all had "reasons to leave" after the 3rd quarter ended. Wow, that is an incredible coincidence. Was there a Grand Funk Railroad cover band performing locally at 11:00?

If you want to take this personally that's your problem. Might as well just accept it and realize our program will always have limitations because of the poor support.

If you weren't there, simple you need to just ZIP IT.

I was there with my wife and little kid, come up with some more excuses.

Buck up buy a ticket and email or gift it to an actual fan that will show up. When you put YOUR OWN MONEY AND TIME where your mouth is, then you can bitch about attendance and the fans that don't show.

Agreed. If the joint is state of the art, it would make it easier to hang around. 4 hours in a sauna pining for a comeback is a lot to ask.

Heck I left a baseball game 3.5 hours in last night, had enough. 10 more minutes though I would've seen a walk off winner. :noidea:
The Cuse game was soooooooo long last night

If you weren't there, simple you need to just ZIP IT.

I was there with my wife and little kid, come up with some more excuses.

Buck up buy a ticket and email or gift it to an actual fan that will show up. When you put YOUR OWN MONEY AND TIME where your mouth is, then you can bitch about attendance and the fans that don't show.

Simmer down, sport.

I was there for the entire game and the 100 plus heat index which is often the case in the first few home games of the season. The crowd was energized and engaged with the team as much as humanly possible.
As for the length of the game; that is on Bobby Petrino

baby-crying-o.gif

Poor Bobby, forced to compete against a fast-paced offense. Shame on him for coaching his players to fake injuries!

We will continue to improve under
Coach Babers, who has what Petrino lacks; class and integrity!

Go Orange!

I was there for the entire game and the 100 plus heat index which is often the case in the first few home games of the season. The crowd was energized and engaged with the team as much as humanly possible.
As for the length of the game; that is on Bobby Petrino

View attachment 75706

Poor Bobby, forced to compete against a fast-paced offense. Shame on him for coaching his players to fake injuries!

We will continue to improve under
Coach Babers, who has what Petrino lacks; class and integrity!

Go Orange!
funny about petrino, no offensive players got cramps, they only happened to defensive players when su mounted some sort of consistency. the refs cannot do anything re the bogus injury stuff. however if i was a ref and suspected that, what u can do is call bobby over and say i know what ur doing and i cannot stop it, BUT, i can make PLENTY of other calls,what do u think bobby???

rrlbees said:
90% of the crowd didn't leave when the 3rd quarter ended. The exodus started when it got to 17 in the 4th and continued after that.

Which is fine. It's the reports of people leaving at the half that got me going.

Correct me if I am wrong and someone may know this, doesn't per ACC policy the capacity of the venue need to be above a certain number? And isn't that number in the 40,000 or so range?

Dunno.

Correct me if I am wrong and someone may know this, doesn't per ACC policy the capacity of the venue need to be above a certain number? And isn't that number in the 40,000 or so range?

I believe that there is a rule but it is not venue size, it is minimum average attendance over a 2 year period. I remember it from when Villanova wanted to jump to D1 for the Big East in football.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Football Bowl Subqa 12 8 14.pdf

The Big East wanted them to have a minimum stadium size, not the NCAA.

I'm not interested in debating the stay or go thing but I will say this:

1. The dome was really loud in the first half. The fans were great. It made the game really exciting to watch from my home in Oakland, Ca. The announcers had to compete with the sound. It was a great atmosphere.

2. The game took forever. My rec league bball team had a game, which I missed so I could watch the cuse game (I have a habit of prioritizing SU games), They started at half time and were done before the end of the third quarter. But I'm glad I stayed home to watch Cuse bc it was still an entertaining game at that point. And it was tough to watch us get dominated in the fourth quarter.

3. I have never left a Cuse game early. Bball, football, lacrosse, wbball. Doesn't matter the competition, the score, how good or bad the team looks, temperature, state of drunkeness. That's just how I do it. If I go to a game, that's what I am doing that day or night. Die hard. If someone pays for a ticket and leaves early, that's their perogative. My only gripe is that when people leave early bc it is very distracting to have to let people out of the aisle constantly.

As someone who rarely ever leaves early, I was one of those who left at 45-28 after we went 3-and-out and shanked the punt.

At that point, there were still 11 or so mins to play in the 4th. It was 11:15PM. The game took forever, the "injuries" added so much extra time. I had to drive back to NJ.

It's not the end of the world, this truly doesn't matter to anyone outside of Syracuse. If we were 10-2 and having this problem, then yes, people outside Syracuse would probably care. It's not a big deal.

I am really considering buying a season and bringing a blow up doll and naming it after the poster who complains about attendance from his living room. May call him the "Pfffaann of the Week" or the "World's Greatest Leaf Raker."

bnoro said:
As someone who rarely ever leaves early, I was one of those who left at 45-28 after we went 3-and-out and shanked the punt. At that point, there were still 11 or so mins to play in the 4th. It was 11:15PM. The game took forever, the "injuries" added so much extra time. I had to drive back to NJ. It's not the end of the world, this truly doesn't matter to anyone outside of Syracuse. If we were 10-2 and having this problem, then yes, people outside Syracuse would probably care. It's not a big deal.

And that's when the mass exodus started.

As someone who rarely ever leaves early, I was one of those who left at 45-28 after we went 3-and-out and shanked the punt.

At that point, there were still 11 or so mins to play in the 4th. It was 11:15PM. The game took forever, the "injuries" added so much extra time. I had to drive back to NJ.

It's not the end of the world, this truly doesn't matter to anyone outside of Syracuse. If we were 10-2 and having this problem, then yes, people outside Syracuse would probably care. It's not a big deal.
Guilty

Everyone keeps harping on "it was only a 2 score game"...it was only that close because L'ville took their foot off the gas for a bit. They came out and ran wild on us got a huge lead...then they took their foot off the gas for a bit, L'ville just made sure nobody got behind them on defense and gave SU long drives of dinks and dunks, so SU crawled back and got some points on the baord...then when it got "somewhat close" on the scoreboard, the game ended with L'ville putting their foot back on the gas again and pouring it on again just like how the game started.

If L'ville wanted last night they could have EASILY had 1,000 yards of total offense and over 70 pts scored. They actually did call the dogs off for a bit but when it got somewhat close, they flipped the switch and poured it on just like how the game opened. Even when SU got down just 14, to comeback it would have meant Syracuse would have had to make 2 or 3 or 4 defensive stops on 2 or 3 or 4 consecutive defensive possessions in a row which they had no shot of doing and that was clear. The score didn't tell the story of that game at all. It was never close, SU didn't "outplay" L'ville for a portion of the game. L'ville toyed with SU and when they needed to get serious they easily did and just poured it on.
This. Totally this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom