What is wrong with this picture? | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with this picture?

pearl31

in cahoots
Or, is it?
bpi.tiff

Are you looking for a hug?

Ohhhh awesome internet sarcasm guy... sweet!!!!! You made a post asking an unclear question. If it was about how BPI works and how Cuse could be ranked 8th... or how Louisville is #1 it's a very simple answer.

9 of the teams ranked on that listing are "legitimate" final-4 contenders. Why and How is the other team listed with them?
Or...
If the ranking system is illegitimate or flawed, why did it get 9 of the 10 top teams correct?

BPI takes into account injuries and suspensions like the losses we took without JS so they don't hurt as much. It also adds more weight to wins we had without JS like Louisville, Cinci, and ND who were all ranked at the time. Not to mention unlike nearly every other school we don't have any bad losses.

OK...
it's just really interesting to me that this top 10 (derived from a complex formula of sorts) essentially mirrors the current concencus top 10 (of pundits, coaches, etc) -- except for one of the teams.
If it was an "iffy" or seriously flawed ranking system, I don't think it would get 9 out of 10 correct.

Maybe it just makes me sleep better at night.
:noidea:

Can someone post it? Nothing is showing up from the OP.

BPI takes into account injuries and suspensions like the losses we took without JS so they don't hurt as much. It also adds more weight to wins we had without JS like Louisville, Cinci, and ND who were all ranked at the time. Not to mention unlike nearly every other school we don't have any bad losses.

additionally, SU has no horrible loss. and JB, although didnt have an extraordinarily difficult OOC schedule, didnt play the typical 3-4 teams with RPI above 300. those are the killers. this is the most perfect example of why computers are not to be trusted. Using the eye test still the best IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom